It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Sosa and Raum are linked with Wolves and West ham. A few report we were watching Cucurella before he moved to Brighton as well

Wolves and West ham could sign the two players for 20-30m like brighton signed Cucurella, and in a season they could be valued at 50m.

That's where City decide either take the risk on the players when they are 15-30m, or wait for them to prove themselves elsewhere and pay 50m for less risk.

Don't really know enough about any of the 3 of them, but wouldn't be against any of them coming in if the club have een looking at them. They will know the value in whatever they go with.
Think Brighton are looking at Tagliafico from Ajax, will be really cheap. They have also been linked to some other Serie A left back, probably one to keep an eye on. Soon as they get one I'd be confident we'll get it done.

The Sosa link came from Bild, seemingly out of nowhere. To me that is similar to them reporting the link to Ortega out of nowhere, and 3 weeks later he was a City player.

Could also be Stuttgart inviting interest via a german outlet. Same as here then.
I think jack gets info from our club tbf . Doesn't speculate much

I think jack gets info from our club tbf . Doesn't speculate much

So I hear, and can believe. Just pointing out this one started in Germany. He maybe checked it, he maybe felt Bild was enough for him to hang his hat on, either way I find it believable. Particularly when you look more into the players style and strengths.

What article is that
One of the many different claims I've read this week. I can't recall exactly which one, but that's what it said.

At the end of the day, only Txiki & Pep will know who our No1 main targets, to our No4 alternatives are.

The rest is merely paper speculation like Blackburn saying Zinchenko was having second thoughts about moving to the Emirates, only for it to be revealed he'd had his last supper with City, & was on a plane to Orlando to complete a medical for L'Arse. )(

Apart from covid, he’s only missed 5 games in the last 2 seasons. Not so bad as you’d think. Could be worth a punt on a cheap transfer

Raum is literally there for the 30 odd million. He keeps improving as well. He’s going to be a dangerous player I hope that if Cucurella doesn’t come we go for Raum. He’s going to be one of the best full backs in the world if he continues his trajectory. His tenacity is what makes him stand out

I think this is a great shout. Surely we arent gonna miss out on 2 full backs!?

Cucurella is decent, will obviously get better under guardiola but Raum as understudy to walker/cancello and can play cup games and step in when injuried inevitably happen would be great.

And the entire season a lack of a 9 was our Achilles heel in games where we could have finished off the opposition and especially the CL first leg, fair enough we won the league and I'm grateful for Pep but why risk the situation of being handicapped, might as well be proactive and address it while we're at it.

Just read the Athletic article also stating neither Dias or Laporte are fit and won't be available for the start of season, that's a huge blow as well. So we're incredibly thin for a season that will have around 16-17 games prior to the world cup, all crunched up closely. So while 'he can play there' statements are okay from Pep, we absolutely need another defensive body. Stones Aké Walker and Cancelo seem nailed on starters for season and if Stones who's historically injury prone gets done in, then what? Rodri or Phillips at CB? Maybe Walker? It's really simple, pay what Brighton want, even if it's not justified, but we have to sort it on our end. Our squad cannot be thin at any position given its a world cup year especially. Makeshift options each season have worked but cost us dearly in Europe

Fuck ive not heard that?

Also stones and ake away to west ham wouldnt be great. dont wanna lose the opener away in london like last year that was turd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.