Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he was excellent to be honest with you. The free header for the penalty was going wide. The effort straight at Ederson lacked the finesse needed for the "dink" . As for the goal he couldn't really miss but we will see this season.
Would put Ortega between the sticks

Because we want to be , it works or have you not noticed.
Well we lost at Spurs first game last year. So on your reckoning we can flunk it next week and win the league again. Maybe, but I would rather think the best thing to do was have the players fit and ready to start a new season.

I'm sat in a carpark waiting to get out lol.

It looks like it'll need a 95+ season again all honestly, Liverpool look good.

We were off it. Those extra pre-season games made Liverpool look a touch crisper and fitter.

Alvarez looked good, but he's mid-season I guess. Thought Foden looked fresh as well.

One moment in the first half where we dragging the ball back when we had a 9 running in. Might take a bit of getting used to playing with a striker again.

That Haaland miss, even as a consolation, what can you say.

That's the problem of having such a shit pre season, totally under prepared for this game. Will probably be the same next week at West Ham as well
This VV

Haaland didn't have a bad game.

First half his movement was pretty good

It was his team mates carrying on playing like we were still playing False 9 from last season.

Thought we looked much better when Mahrez was hooked. More direct play through the middle than that insipid wing play repeated over.

It is going to take a few games to get Haaland established in to the team.

We could have done with more of a pre-season. Liverpool already look like they are up to speed.

Well that's that then Liverpool and their media friends may aswell put the ribbons on the Premier League trophy right now

We had Sterling and Jesus,we now have Grealish and Mahrez,hope I’m wrong but SHIT!!!

Fuckin gutted, but it is what it is & the better team on the day deservedly won...

We were well off the pace early doors & the Dippers came at us came at us like a runaway freight train, similar to their team of 4 years ago. The key to that is holding on for the first 30 mins, because if they take the lead, they'll sit on it & keep picking you off with lightning counters & that's exactly what they did.

I can't say any of our players stood out as there was no one who looked match fit enough to fight the fight on their own. Too many players not match ready the start of a season, but what's new hey? )(

Good to see Foden get some minutes & Alvarez is looking better every time I see him & he took his goal well. Having strikers in those opportune positions at crucial moments is exactly what we missed last season.

I've no gripes with the score, but the penalty (which it was) knocked the stuffing out of us, so the Nunez goal came as no surprise.

Nunez looks a frighting handful, so hopefully Haaland gets off the mark soon before all the comparisons between the two start, & it heaps pressure on his shoulders.

Roll on next Sunday!
I’ll give you the swap now Haaland for Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.