Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to Nunez, he will fit right in with the scousers. Diving with his first touch.
He was excellent though.
Don't think he was excellent to be honest with you. The free header for the penalty was going wide. The effort straight at Ederson lacked the finesse needed for the "dink" . As for the goal he couldn't really miss but we will see this season.

I could put my entire bank account (which is £6.72p) :) on Alvarez playing week in week out on either side of Haaland. He made a huge difference when he came on.

The concern is having played two seasons with no striker players being patient holding onto the ball to find openings...We don't have to do that anymore! Numerous times the ball was in today and the wide players along with KDB holding onto it when they could have slipped in Haaland. It will take time but it will come.

Grealish and Mahrez are going to have to go up several levels to get ahead of Foden and Alvarez as the wing options. They’ve got pace, work rate and ambition.

Grealish might do it, second season syndrome etc and I think he showed some glimpses in the other 2 preseason games.

I’m not worried in the slightest.

Haaland will be hurting after that. Kev will look back and know that there were three or four times that he could have put him through. We need to adapt to play with a focal point, as it would be utterly ridiculous to sign a player like Haaland and not expect to change our game to fit him in. You can’t expect Haaland to change his game much, so this is really all up to Pep to make it work.

Mahrez is still a greedy fucker. Alvarez can take his spot all day long. He’s a bit like Jesus, but seems quicker and actually stayed inside for his goal..

Dias was very poor, worryingly so. We need Cucurela. We need more energy. We might need Philips in midfield to provide some of that, so I’m disappointed not to see him get on.

All in all, meh. It’s fine. Roll on Sunday.

CTID

We'll be fine. It's only natural that the chemistry between Haaland and the other attackers isn't great yet.

Haaland had a bad game finishing wise, but who cares? He'll score in the important games. It's funny that if we played with a false 9 people would be saying that we were missing a proper striker. We have a proper striker now and he will score many, many goals. More importantly, let's hope the team will score even more goals than last season, which is not a given. And it's not a given either that if we sign a *proper* LB we'll concede fewer goals, not at all.

I'm optimistic. This game means and shows fuck all. We won the CS in 2019 and then had a terrible season, Liverpool lost and had their best league season. We'll be fine. More time will be needed to find out how to use Haaland and Alvarez and we'll be hard to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.