WEURO22 Final Winners England 2 v Germany 1 AET 31st July Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the girls then looked surprisingly fresh. No Grealish off his tits moments sadly.

Alex Scott is such a woeful presenter. She just makes statements to the players and gives them a mic, ask them a bloody question before sticking a mic in their face infront of 7000 people and a TV camera.

It's the perfect time to do it. When we beat United to the title in 2012 we all took a moment to remember how many people had put us down before Agueroooooo. Only right that those who dismissed the women's game get called out, only right that those who didn't bother hosting the tournament get called out as well.
It's not just about timing but delivery. Alex's cameo went on too long and sounded like a rant. It sucked all the fun out of the room.

Wright then got triggered about fixtures which isn't new and certainly not isolated to the women's game. I already posted IMO 8pm on Monday is worse than 7pm on a Sunday, both are taking the piss.

They didn't even mention one of the main issues with the WSL, a salary cap. We keep losing quality players as other leagues will pay more.

Anyway the most important thing is we won, hopefully this will create a sustained period of growth for the Women's game domestically.

The anchorwoman think it was Gabby something came out with some real hackneyed wank yesterday, “compare this with a year ago and England v Italy, a toxic atmosphere, disgrace etc etc “ wtf! I thought it was a fucking cracking atmosphere and England should have won, ok a few people got over excited but so what, any blue worth his or her salt who hasn’t turned up on spec without having a ticket for an away game? I’ve sat with away fans when I have blagged my way in , back in the day. It’s like fucking X factor, there’s always a back story or false equivalence.
And that makes you part of the problem with the mens game I'm afraid.

The anchorwoman think it was Gabby something came out with some real hackneyed wank yesterday, “compare this with a year ago and England v Italy, a toxic atmosphere, disgrace etc etc “ wtf! I thought it was a fucking cracking atmosphere and England should have won, ok a few people got over excited but so what, any blue worth his or her salt who hasn’t turned up on spec without having a ticket for an away game? I’ve sat with away fans when I have blagged my way in , back in the day. It’s like fucking X factor, there’s always a back story or false equivalence.
A stadium ban, countless arrests and vile racist abuse directed at players in the aftermath. Was grim AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.