It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We need a full back desperately. I would take either as they’re both better than what we have which is no one. Have you heard any whispers on left backs?

Based on past form I think we’ve put all our eggs in one basket and are scrambling for a 2nd choice.

As I said, it was a bizarre decision to let Zin go before getting our own business done on the position, we lost all leverage.

I'd rather we went for the best at this stage than try and wing it, as we might as well have kept Zin in that case.

Just a paucity of world class left-backs.

He's more proven than Cucurella and also has the homegrown benefit.

In a World Cup year, Chilwell needs to be playing and getting his fitness up.

I'd give them their money back?

It would be Mendy part two signing a player who seriously fucked up his cruciate ligament.

we lost all leverage.

Having 2 LBs isn't leverage.

What do you think would be different if we had Zinchenko? Brighton would have lowered their price for unknown reasons?

Having Zinchenko would let us walk away from negotiations and I know people like to pretend that's leverage, but the fact we did that anyway without Zinchenko proves it wasn't leverage.

Usually city don’t buy in the winter but the fact pep mentioned it means they don’t think anyone is currently available. We should start seeing names appear in October
More likely he’s not making the club look desperate to sign someone now. They’ll have their list of targets, they always do. Lack of links means nothing.

Having 2 LBs isn't leverage.

Cancelo requires quality minutes at left-back.

Especially so, when other clubs aren't yet privy to what our intentions would also be towards a Mendy acquittal?

When we agreed the sale of Zin, we essentially told clubs we need another body in that position.

If Zin had been told to wait patiently for his Arsenal deal to be concluded, we may have afforded ourselves some breathing room on both a replacement and price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.