The Album Review Club - Week #120 - (page 1413) - The Lexicon of Love - ABC

Well, take a look at that scoreboard. With 12 votes at an average of 7.08, Eels have slithered into 2nd place. Beautiful Freak has certainly lived up to its name and proved popular with pretty much everybody.
An inspired choice by @southamptonblue .

It's now time for Week #45, or what I'm calling the end of Season #1. As you may have seen, @Bill Walker has already made his choice, which unless I've misinterpreted his comments, is Pat Metheny's From This Place.

It's taken until round #45, but we now have an album from the current decade.

2nd place! well done @southamptonblue

does help when you don't get the 'what a load of sh*t 1/10' reviews

Have I ever given a 0? Even fucking Rush got some points.

Having listened to the soundtrack for my customary three times I have come to this conclusion...

Dire, turgid, bereft of any ideas, this is all I hate about music. Girl sings in kooky voice, man strums a bit sounding forlorn, it's been done before and after far better than this pile of stinking do-dahs. I can't stand Sheeran either but at least his lyrics sort of resonate now and then.

Where's the excitement? The structure? Why is it sung so damn breathlessly? I wanted to sit in a dark corner after torturing myself with this unholy arse of an album and weep.

This is the damning bit, I'd rather listen to Adele banging on about her shit life whilst selling millions of albums then this awful album. If someone gave it to me I'd break it into tiny pieces in front of them.

I also tried the film. Fuck me, dull as ditch water with about as much star quality as one of my shits. I lasted 20 minutes. My missus watched the whole thing and liked it. And some of the songs. Make of that what you will.

A big fat 0/10. Never darken my door again.

Suicidal thoughts over after I spent an enjoyable few hours in the pub and stuck a Talk Talk album on when I got in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.