Tenuous connections to Manchester City players old and new.

Mike Summerbee once stuck two fingers up at me.

Francis Lee once said to me "My name is Francis Lee. I'm chairman here. Welcome to Maine Road".

I once collected a debt from Francis Lee's ex-wife.

I went to Peter Schmeical's house once. It could have been Kasper's too at the time.

My mate (a rag) booted Franny Lee's jaguar car one lunchtime after we'd been to the chippy near the ground. It was about 1972. We were 14/15.

We went back to school and Franny came in, complaining to the headmaster. Enquiries were made, but we had a secrecy code so I protected the rag.

In 2012, I was on holiday in Tenerife for a week and Tommy Booth and his Mrs were staying in our hotel. Top, top bloke. So funny - he was an absolute scream. Probably the best holiday I've ever had!

Last edited:
In the mid 1990's my Auntie lived next door to a Premier League footballer. He was a Norwegian guy called Gunnar Halle. Now Gunnar never played for City but he was friends with a couple of guys who did in Uwe Rosler and Alfie Inge Haaland. I believe that Alfie may have had a son too...

Someone I once worked with used to go to the same barber in Oldham as Jimmy Frizzell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.