Leipzig away tickets on sale Wednesday morning.

Flying to Berlin from Heathrow. £84 return Tuesday to Thursday. Train about £30 return to Leipzig (an hour and a half)
Berlin-Leipzig Train was c80 mins or so when I did it c10 years ago
There was a Hideous Big GDR Tower thing dominating the City!

I’d never rule out shenanigans by the club with ticket allocations but I think Leipzig was always going to be a very popular trip.

The three group games all came really quickly after the draw and against teams we’ve played before.

We got months advance notice of this game. It’s a new ground for everybody to watch City on at least. And Germany is always a popular and easy place to get to. Also I’m not 100% but I think it might be the first time we’ve ever played a competitive match in East Germany apart from that no fans game.

I know loads who are off on this trip, ticket or no ticket, who only go to very selective games.
Maybe you’re right about people having enough time to organise days off ,who knows. What I do know is that Leipzig has proved to be the most difficult away ticket to get for many years other than tiny grounds like Viktoria Plzen. I’ve never been to Leipzig , must be a good place to go to if it’s an attractive destination in February.

Maybe you’re right about people having enough time to organise days off ,who knows. What I do know is that Leipzig has proved to be the most difficult away ticket to get for many years other than tiny grounds like Viktoria Plzen. I’ve never been to Leipzig , must be a good place to go to if it’s an attractive destination in February.

I think maybe because it’s attracting both types of fans as well making it even more popular. Germany is always a good trip for the pissheads. But with it only been down the road from Berlin it’s probably attractive to those into all the tourist stuff aswell.

I know one kid who hardly ever goes, who’s on the trip specifically to combine the football with a visit to where David Bowie made one of his records or some shit.

I think maybe because it’s attracting both types of fans as well making it even more popular. Germany is always a good trip for the pissheads. But with it only been down the road from Berlin it’s probably attractive to those into all the tourist stuff aswell.

I know one kid who hardly ever goes, who’s on the trip specifically to combine the football with a visit to where David Bowie made one of his records or some shit.

Is his name Major Tom?

Leipzig's a great city, regardless of what time of year you go. It's absolutely no surprise that this has sold out at high points as games in Germany are always amongst the most popular, it's a new ground for us all, and if anything it went a bit lower points-wise than expected.

Flying mcr/cologne £20 Tuesday flying back cologne / mcr in the evening Friday £16
With hotels flights and trains £202 not bad for 3 nights 4 days
I'm on that Cologne flight on the Tuesday morning - what train are you getting to Leipzig as the one I booked has been cancelled?

We booked flights MAN to Hamburg then its 3hrs on the train to Leipzig. Going Tue same turn Thurs.
I'm on that flight from Hamburg to Manchester on the Thursday but going out via Cologne. Train is quicker to Hamburg than Cologne.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.