It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Pace doesn’t just disappear but the amout of times in a game you can do those sprints does decline and is declining.

His legs won’t go. His fitness will.

I’m 45 and can still outrun elite athletes.

But I’ll be a wreck for 4 days afterwards.

It’s not that walkers legs could go, it’s that we may not be able to give him time to recover.

Not at all mate.

I think it’s probably the right time for Gundo, Bernardo and Cancelo to go.

Age seems to be catching up with Gundo, and his contract is up in the summer anyway - I personally wouldn’t be offering him a new deal based on his current levels.

Bernardo’s head isn’t in the game anymore, and he’s been shite this season - he’s wanted out for years, and we’ve done well to hang onto him, but i think the time has come it’s time to grant him his wish and move on.

Cancelo seems to have lost his shit this season, and was always suspect as an actual defender - we need a proper left back, and he’s been played out of position to fill a hole pretty much his whole time here. He’s waited years to be our right back, and now an 18 year old is benching him - which is a pretty clear message on his chances at City.

Walker and Laporte would be disappointing, but neither of them represent our long term future, so if they want out I wouldn’t be devastated.

I’d be amazed if we let all of them go in one summer, but losing a couple from that list I’d be absolutely fine with!
I'm not sure about Gundogan, i'd offer him a 1 year deal but let him know he wouldn't be first choice. I doubt he'd be first choice at Barcelona either so it might work out well for both us and him.

As for Cancelo, it all depends on what's really going on with him, if he stays, Walker leaves and we buy a LB, then he's back fighting for a place on the right, but who knows.

I do think that Bernie and Laporte will leave though.

How come Arsenal are splashing the cash now, have they new investors?. They always have splashed it around but now look like they could rival Chelsea pretty soon

About £400m out and £200m in if we’re lucky, we’d soon be bankrupt if you were running things!

so a £200m net spend over 5 years and say we sold other fringe/loan players to make up even more of the cost? Obviously its only me putting these players across but if Arsenal can go splashing cash and our big profit in the summer on sales to purchases then with the Chavs, Arse, Rags all without question going to spend again in the summer, The geordies will no doubt spend again and our seemingly unhappy squad members making the manager annoyed and frustrated then the ownership and board of our club need to respond to remind everyone that we believe we are the big dogs and want to stay there ala pep`s rant about us losing hunger and becoming complacent from top to bottom?

Allowing Gundog to leave for Bellingham would be a great transition. Gundog is not the most inspiring of leaders and I just think the "dip" at City maybe due to his personality to not gee the players up when needed. I think Fernandinho (even though it was horrible to see him struggle last year) wouldn't allow it. The perfect captain - I think Bellingham will offer similar traits. This is not a slight on Gundog he's a great player by the way.

I can see maybe 3/4 first team players max leaving this summer - I'd say it's almost certain Bernie will be one of them and if I were a betting man I'd wager that Kyle will go to Sheff Utd especially if they get promoted - he's always said he wants to finish at home. That leaves Gundo, Cancelo & Laporte on the "leaked list". Gundo has been so good for us both on and off the pitch - for what we paid he was an absolute steal, I think it all depends on what he and his wife wish to do. Talking of that it's clear that players partners have a big say in wanting the sun and sea! Cancelo has been sulking since the WC and has come back with a poor attitude. No doubting his ability but at the moment with a younger side we don't need players not 100% committed, you never know he may turn it around as quickly as it appears to have gone south. No idea about Laporte he seems happy to me but we really don't know.

One thing for certain I think midfield will be the main focus on recruitment in the summer so space in the squad will need to be created - perhaps someone on twatter has just stated the bleeding obvious on the eve of a big run of games...

Wonder how much Arteta has spent since he has been there?
€434million according to Transfermarkt, that excludes the €8million loan fee for Pablo Mari they spent in the winter window when he (Mikel) joined as I don't know if he had any input on that one.

Edit: that's outgoings only BTW.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.