Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We need a rebuild, the hungers just not there which is understandable with players that have won league after league.

Need some fresh hungry players who are desperate for trophies to come in. Let players that want to leave, leave and bring in new hungry players
When does Pep start to become responsible? The whole fucking team could not have lost their hunger. Maybe they aren't sick of winning. Maybe they are sick of Pep...

They were quicker that was the slight difference. They weren't better than us.
Most if not all teams are quicker than us these days. The football we play is very slow, predictable and boring. And we wonder why there is no atmosphere…

Top post! I've been on here for 2 hours trying to find the right words, and you've come along and nailed it for me.
I have no idea where our 4000 crosses every game have gone?? It's frustrating as fuck too watch us at the moment.

Today was very much Groundhog Day. Spurs away, lots of possession, no end product, well beaten as usual.
Rodri and Walker having their usually games at Spuds, similar to Sterling at Klanfield.
Ederson not saving a shot on target, as usual. “And a brilliant save by Ederson” is a commentary you don’t hear very often.
Rico Lewis looks like he’s in the team to spite some of the others, rather than him contributing anything. He looks an excellent prospect at full back but is in danger of being ruined being asked to play whatever role he’s being asked to play.
Grealish looking better but still not actually providing any end product.
Bernado looking like he really doesn’t want to be here and he’s actually stinking the place out now.
Dias and Laporte will surely be playing a hit by Odyssey and looking for a way out in the summer, particularly if Akanji keeps getting in ahead of them.
Walker playing inside is as pointless as Rico doing it.
Worst of all though, is the tempo we now play at. No urgency, no forward passing, no numbers in the box. Playing a controlling game and winning 1-0 is absolutely fine, as long as you’re controlling games and winning 1-0.
Don't agree with the Dias Laporte prediction though

pep's ready for a re build, next season we will be awesome, expect big changes, ITK

Any rebuild should be led by the Board. If we don't win the CL this year (spoiler alert... we won't), Pep will have failed his prime objective.

Other than acting out of desperation, I can't see why the Board would want to have Pep lead a rebuild next season, knowing that he will almost certainly be leaving within a year or so.

If there is to be a rebuild, a new coach should be given responsibility from day one.

When does Pep start to become responsible? The whole fucking team could not have lost their hunger. Maybe they aren't sick of winning. Maybe they are sick of Pep...

It’s actually a very familiar pattern and nowt to do with Pep. You can see this by looking at the trends of league winners over the last decade.

City 2012 - Miles off an average (by Utd standards) team. Mancini sacked.

United won it 2013 - next year disaster - Moyes sacked.

City 2014 - miles off Chelsea year after.

Chelsea 2015 - next season disaster - Jose sacked

Leicester 2016 - next season disaster - Ranieri sacked

Chelsea 2017 - crap season. conte sacked

City 2019 - Miles off Liverpool the year after. People blame Pep. Say some players are finished.

Liverpool 2020 - got 4th on the last day the year after after being near unbeatable the year before.

History is showing we’ve done amazing to win it back to back twice and our version of the league winning rebound is to be 2nd which doesn’t actually look too bad when you see the above outcomes.

Another supremely twatish outcome at Spurs.

Not read the thread but no doubt lots of people blaming Pep but it is categorically not his fault we lost, that honour lies squarely with Rodri, a player no one would expect Pep not to start. Rodri is one of our most intelligent and key players but today a dumb pass played straight into Spurs hands.

How much blame Pep takes for us not scoring is another matter but again, powder puff shots or inaccurate passes ‘ crosses are not on him. What I do think he has to do is get the team to do is cross the fucking ball more often - we have to take some more risks in games like this.
He was the only one in midfield. Poor tactics, no more no less. I just find it odd that’s it’s always the players or fans fault, but never any questions of Pep. It’s no coincidence that numerous players are unhappy. Laporte, Dias and De Bruyne on the bench? Lewis is promising but hung out to dry today.

Tad disappointing today, but, not unexpected as it is our bogey ground. I hope we can recover from this bout of Cityitis quickly while we're still within touching distance of Arsenal.
Everything else has been discussed in the last 116 pages, but I'll just say that we've played them twice lately and had inadequate protection both times with thugs kicking lumps out of us.

but did we make one of the dodgiest keeper in the league make a save ?? fucking just SHOOT SHOOT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.