Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We are just guessing what the problems are. Greatness doesn't last forever or sometimes it needs a break. That isn't just the players.
Agreed. I said as much the other week too. It's also affected us as fans too. I'm not saying we're at the same levels of entitlement as the red top mafia, but there's a belief, dare I say an expectation that City will find a way to prevail.

Where this squad is concerned, this is no longer the case which raises other issues. If the squad malaise has spread, how deep has it gone?

New players adapt to the culture they find. If our culture us waning & we part company with those who no longer have synergy with City, can we revive our previous culture, or do we have to create a new culture?

Pep questioned himself. Perish the thought, but could it be a case of the players no longer responding to Guardiola's voice in the dressing room?

Personally I'm backing Pep & the club's management to the hilt, but they also need to now show they've got the balls to do what's necessary.

If that means Bernardo & Gundog leave. Walker, Mahrez & KDB are no longer guaranteed starters & we bring in new players to allow us to replace or phase out the aforementioned, then so be it.

We need to stop fucking about with the left back position & properly fill it & look at right back too. With Cancelo unlikely to return & Walker being 32/33, he's another 2 seasons at the top maximum & our ONLY senior full back. This is shocking for a club like Manchester City.

After the recent transfer splurges by Chelsea, ManUre & Arsenal, we need to get our big balls out & replenish the squad now whilst it just needs to evolve. If we allow what I'm witnessing to continue, that evolution could become a necessary Revolution, & we've seen that just cost Chelsea £600m+.

This season, & our approach to transfers this summer will tell us a shit load about where we go from hereon in...

Not after a season ffs

I'd like to think not Ray, but you never know what's going through his head, working with a control freak like Pep.
To be absolutely honest, I think Haaland would have expected Pep to build his team/tactics around him when he arrived. Pep seems to be going out of his way to make sure that the world's best striker 'knows his place' and expects him to fit into his system.
As someone said earlier, it's like having a Ferrari and using it as a tractor.

Just a quick look tells that there are too many idiots at large.

Getting rid of Pep is not the answer.

There’s no doubt Pep has identified the issues with our current team but his solutions haven’t worked yet. He’ll fix it eventually though it may be too late for this season.

If we played at home to spurs today and lost 1.0 would the fans have booed at half-time and full-time,
pep ego needs a wobble and OK I was wrong to everybody ? a young Rico Lewis is being asked to step up to the first team and play week in week out, then asked to play invert left back ? letting Cancelo go and then saying ok son your at left back today,

the whole back line is a complete mess and forget being a world cup season shit ? we have Laporte and Dias fully fit and sat on the bench, Gomez a left back pep signed in the summer, Foden with a mystery illness or a heel problem, What we need right now, is a good run of game with the same setup and a leader and the form and results will come,

Whatever is the problem between the manager and players has got to be sorted enough is enough,
Pep ego will be the death of him, being wrong is not hard to say ? respect will also be seen in holding his hands up and saying i was wrong to the players
Might be that his No2 is not right for the job? He had reliable assistants in Arteta, Kidd etc. I think his 'single mindedness' is preventing him heeding advice? Or he is confusing the players with his instructions??

I'd like to think not Ray, but you never know what's going through his head, working with a control freak like Pep.
To be absolutely honest, I think Haaland would have expected Pep to build his team/tactics around him when he arrived. Pep seems to be going out of his way to make sure that the world's best striker 'knows his place' and expects him to fit into his system.
One season nope. If things get evem worse after next then who knows? Although I don't see that happening

Interestingly enough, Ibrahimovic once told pep himself that he was a Ferrari and pep was driving him like a fiat. Taken from his autobiography.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.