PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Give me the opportunity to be public enemy number one over being everyone's favourite plucky underdogs. I put up with that patronising shit for long enough.
Same here. Someone tried to wind me up about it yesterday, but it's pointless. We've won 4 league titles in 5 years. I don't give a shite. My workplace is full of Rags and Dippers - they know better than to try and wind me up.

It's been coming, deep down we all knew that.

Relegation to the Conference would be brilliant, loads of top away days and great fun as we climb through the divisions. The half and half scarf brigade will be off pastures anew and we can win the FA Trophy, FA Cup and League Cup. We will lose some players of course, but the academy is quality and I will still be there every week, because we are City till we die

Let's get real, getting relegated to the conference would lose its novelty quickly and it would be terrible for the long term outlook of the club imo.

When we beat these charges the PL should be hit with the largest claim in history. They have systematically dragged our name through the mud. They should be sued for loss of income, reputation and god knows what else. No club should ever be targeted like we have. I have faith our owners will beat this and put the PL back in their box, a box which will be empty. When we win this will signal the end of the PL as we know it, it should be dismembered and changed to reflect modern progressive football. It should not be allowed to survivie simply to satisfy the needs of the historic big clubs. The rags and dippers might be laughing now, in 12 months they will be even further away from winning the trophy they believe they have the right to own.

I have never wanted us to win more, we need to go all out to win the PL and CL and deliver the biggest fcuk you to footballs governing bodies in history.

Don't give the cunts one thing to hang off, I've read all those tweets and it was a feeding frenzy for the cockroaches, Nothing at all positive too say City have got this.

I don't want people to blow smoke up our arse and I don't want every City supporter's social media output to be committee approved propaganda.

If that's what I wanted, I'd be supporting united or Liverpool.

If and talking IF the allegations are proven and we're guilty, is any punishment likely to be for present/future competition ie relegation at worst or are we looking at title stripping and all that nonsense for each year we've been guilty? Stressing again this is only IF the most serious allegations are proven.

Why are you even considering that? I don't get this "what will happen in the worst case" thing. We get it. We will be fucked, directors will be going to jail and auditors will be sued. But it isn't going to happen. And certainly no-one knows any details of the charges to make a sensible analysis at this point.

Do you get up in the morning and say, shit, what happens if I get run over by a truck today?

Let nature take its course, confident in the club's ability to counter, and we can reconcile ourselves with the consequences, if there are any, later.

if any journalist or media company even suggests or infers the club is guilty could that not be seen as influencing the panel unduly and unfairly?

I know that’s illegal in criminal court cases and can result in a case being thrown out of court but not sure if the same legal rules apply here too.

Auditors can only look at transactions within the company they are auditing. They do not have access to transactions made by other entities such as the shareholders, for example.
Not true.

There is a section in any set of accounts headed ‘related party transactions.’ They can be looked at as well if the auditors so require.

how come its come out now though Stefan? Surely the accounts would have been signed off by the premier league at the time? So how can new stuff come to light now?
They are, in effect, claiming City deceived the PL, their auditors and multiple other bodies and filed fake accounts and fake financial forecasts. For at least 9 years. That's the extraordinary allegation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.