47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well yesterday for the most part

FWIW I think he got caught in two minds with the run through on goal....he hesitated and then messed it up.....it looked like in the end he tried to pass to Haaland but got it completely wrong.....could put it down to a lack of match sharpness as well but it was just a mistake and his ovrall game play was decent.....
I might be seeing things, but it looked like he tripped himself and was stumbling when he tried to poke it to Haaland

“He played really good,” he said.
“First half he was so aggressive against [Renan] Lodi and he arrived many times to the byline.
“Still he didn't have the pause or composure that he had because it’s normal because he didn’t play much. Everything today was so aggressive and he played really good.”

“He played really good,” he said.
“First half he was so aggressive against [Renan] Lodi and he arrived many times to the byline.
“Still he didn't have the pause or composure that he had because it’s normal because he didn’t play much. Everything today was so aggressive and he played really good.”
That's all spot on.

I didn’t see the game but from the highlights it looks like he played better than we’ve seen in recent months. Shame he didn’t demonstrate more composure for the 1-on-1. I’d put that down to a lack of confidence.

If we are to win the league this year, I feel that we really need to see Foden return to form.

The bizarre thing is, that was Foden's best overall performance since United in October. He really ripped Lodi apart. Forest could barely touch him. But the end product simply was not there, and that terrible 1v1 miss is something which can destroy morale. If he'd missed a chance like that after having a horrific game, then he could at least tell himself, "All right, that was a fucking brutal day, but surely it can't get worse." But the feeling of doing almost everything right and yet winding up the butt of every joke has to be gutting.

The bizarre thing is, that was Foden's best overall performance since United in October. He really ripped Lodi apart. Forest could barely touch him. But the end product simply was not there, and that terrible 1v1 miss is something which can destroy morale. If he'd missed a chance like that after having a horrific game, then he could at least tell himself, "All right, that was a fucking brutal day, but surely it can't get worse." But the feeling of doing almost everything right and yet winding up the butt of every joke has to be gutting.

A very over the top reaction. If a player missing a chance destroys morale then we shouldn’t be champions. That can happen.

Haaland, Laporte and Rodri missed pretty easy chances as well. Yet foden is the one being singled out.

A very over the top reaction. If a player missing a chance destroys morale then we shouldn’t be champions. That can happen.

Haaland, Laporte and Rodri missed pretty easy chances as well. Yet foden is the one being singled out.
Totally agree.

I would suggest not judging a player too harsh for the first one or two games after injury. As long as he shows good wills to fight back his way.

Be patient.

Been dropped again for tonight’s game . Reason given …… “slight injury “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.