Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

I don't think you'll find their 6-0 defeat at the Etihad was a particularly successful attempt to avoid defeat. As for their home record, they've played 14 games at home and won 5, drawn 6 and lost only three; the three they have lost were early in the season and they have not lost since 16 September. Since then they have beaten Liverpool and drawn with Chelsea, and, of course drawn with us. Their home form isn't bad at all and doesn't conform to your template of a club that doesn't have much luck trying not to lose against the top teams. Or maybe you choose to define a top team only as one that wins at Forest? I have to agree with the poster who says you are very hard to please. I would suggest that you stop seeing PL football as a mechanistic exercise where the "top teams" always win and start seeing it as a competition in which teams play each other at a particular place at a particular time and where the team that gets it right on the day wins. Form and circumstances change and so the same teams don't win every match! Perhaps a word with some Leicester fans? Or Manchester United fans ...!!
Forest are absolute garbage. Drawing 1-1 with them was a wasted 2 points considering the fire power at our disposal.

Forest are absolute garbage. Drawing 1-1 with them was a wasted 2 points considering the fire power at our disposal.
You seem to take a very black and white view of things where teams are either garbage or good. You may not have noticed that the FA cup shows every year that teams from lower divisions sometimes beat allegedly much better teams - a good example is Wigan's defeat of the only team ever to win 100 points in a season. What this proves is that footballers are not automatons who always perform at their best, nor are they always "garbage", if they ever are. City are the most consistent team in the country but they can't always perform at their best, even for those who stood on the Kippax in the 70s, and the gap between the great, the good and the garbage is actually small, as Forest's home record shows'

I don't like how many on here are falling into the trap of hoping other results go our way (Arsenal) games,
Never ever hope ? because we all know how they all feel about Manchester City, We Win or Lose, on our own terms, and WE NEVER ask for help from others,

Yes, we are the team to beat, The benchmark that others want to take our scalp, So when facing teams like Palace on their own pitch with their baying fans demanding everything, you bet they will use every trick in the book to try and beat us,

That's why manchester city winning 1.0 is one of the best results of the week in the premier league, The work we had to put in, From the training ground to the pitch Pep and the players got it spot on, The little things we all miss is the preparation and the details, everything is worked on even the dark and dirty things from the other teams,

Pep talked about it with the time-wasting and tricks their players use in trying to get into our heads and losing the plot, That's why it was a sweet win, a big win,
While I agree with your overall sentiment, Arsenal need to drop points, else we cannot mathematically catch them

They definitely are not. It's been noticeable that frequently teams are playing Arsenal as if they're in the same class as them and fancy getting a result. I watched the first half against Fulham yesterday and Fulham were shockingly open. Their manager appeared to have set them up as if he thought Fulham were on Arsenal's level. That misconception was rewarded by them conceding three in the first half. I'm assuming they were reorganised and shut up shop in the second half because they stopped the bleeding. (I was so bored by Fulham's utter incompetence I'd stopped watching.)

Teams are mostly playing Arsenal with far too little respect for how they're playing this season, giving them space they'd never give us in a million years.
1000% spot on.

True, this is why pace up front is pointless for us as there's nowhere it can be used.
It can be used in getting to the touchline and turning goalward which would create massive havoc for opposing defenses.

While I agree with your overall sentiment, Arsenal need to drop points, else we cannot mathematically catch them

but that would also mean us winning every game and not dropping points,

the damage was done early season and the truth is there is nothing really we can do from here on in, All we can do is go out and try to win every game first, that's all we can ask, and if it's not enough then so be it,
Moaning and feeling down because Arsenal has won In the last kick of the game or the other team has rolled over is pointless,

What I will say is, if we win all our games from here on in it will be very close, even could be on goal difference again, but we have to forget about Arsenal until we play them,

As you are neglecting your clear advantage of not being in the Europa League and Thursday night football
Come off it, you play Thursday Sunday rather than Wednesday Saturday. Plus you are resting players against Zurich before playing Brentford whilst we are resting players against Chelsea before taking on Real.

You are putting up a good title challenge this season, let’s see if you can maintain or improve next season whilst negotiating Europe’s premier tournament.

I enjoyed that even though I wasn’t sure what to make of it at first. Not dining on a budget though
I subscribed to his channel last season and have also watched the foodie/travel stuff he does and not just the City Vlogs. I watch a range of City Vlogs from Cheesy through to the MCFC lads but old Primemutton is different - he certainly loves his food and drink.

Come off it, you play Thursday Sunday rather than Wednesday Saturday. Plus you are resting players against Zurich before playing Brentford whilst we are resting players against Chelsea before taking on Real.

You are putting up a good title challenge this season, let’s see if you can maintain or improve next season whilst negotiating Europe’s premier tournament.
Time will tell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.