PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I genuinely would like to thank all the legal eagles, and chaps in the trade, who have taken the time to pass on information and opinion on this subject. I have read many pages on here and the knowledge submitted has been top notch.
Just one slight question.... When the final judgement has been made, will you lawyers be billing me per post read, or on a general hourly rate? ;)

I genuinely would like to thank all the legal eagles, and chaps in the trade, who have taken the time to pass on information and opinion on this subject. I have read many pages on here and the knowledge submitted has been top notch.
Just one slight question.... When the final judgement has been made, will you lawyers be billing me per post read, or on a general hourly rate? ;)
Just sign on the line and stop asking questions.

I'm constantly amazed at the number of people who don't believe that the media indulges in systematic bias against certain clubs, when they absolutely do. I'm similarly amazed by those people who will acknowledge the possibility of political bias on the front pages of particular newspapers, but deny the same possibility when it comes to the back pages.
Just taking the Mail as an example, every article comes with a comments section. The paper's aim is to ensure that as many people as possible click on those articles, in order that they might maximise the advertising revenue central to their continued existence. It does this on the front pages by appealing to its largest readership demographic. Endless negative stories about lefties, teachers, lazy public servants, Meghan Markle, soft judges, asylum seekers, the cancel culture, 'militant' unions, remoaners, Gary Lineker etc etc are always the order of the day, because the Mail knows its foam flecked gammon army will hammer away with such fury that their keyboards will catch fire.
As to the back pages then, which two clubs have far and away the biggest fan bases in this country? And which club do you think is an oven ready enemy for both, having deprived them of hundreds of millions in prize money and trophies since 2011? Once you've joined the dots by answering those two questions, the penny should drop. City have been portrayed as football ruining, cheating, nouveau riche, sportswashing, plastic, no European pedigree, obscene spending (complete with squad cost comparisons, once famously when we weren't even one of the teams playing), human rights abusing, dodgy Arab owned, corrupt, 'dirty' oil money funded, success buying filth, non-stop for 15 years now, and our 'guilt' as regards the current PL investigation has long since been declared as fact.
Other papers, most notably the Guardian, have clear editorial policies when it comes to City and I defy you to find a single article from Miguel Delaney, Barney Ronay, Jonathan Liew etc that doesn't contain at least one of the phrases "state owned project", "oil funded" or "sportswashing". I've seen other journalists call our fans 'grubby apologists' and 'filthy rats', I've seen domestic broadcasters stuff their panels with rag pundits for our European games and listened to them call us mercenaries and wait until the half time interval to pan the camera around the crowd and sneer at us for having empty seats, and I've turned on the radio and heard us called "disgusting" and a "Frankenstein club". It's been relentless and no other club has ever had to put up with an onslaught of even remotely comparable degree. It doesn't mean that all journalists and broadcasters are out to get us, but compared to our immediate rivals we're a country mile ahead in the vilification stakes
I take it the nob has not replied to that..

Ok that’s me done on this thread till ( and yes it will be a while) the PL rule on the matter.

Yipee no doubt say the majority and yep I understand that but very of you can even contemplate that there are counter views and counter arguments to the narrative that you understandably want to believe.

So in the words of the two Ronnies it’s goodnight from him
gone.gif

I now know why my lawyer is seemingly too busy to contact me, he’s likely on a forum of a sport he follows putting the world to right.

Good on him ;)

Difficult to argue with any of that.

People may be surprised that one of our directors didn’t see it that way though. As much as I like her (she’s left the club now so I’m sure everyone can guess who I’m talking about), back in 2017 a few of us had a meeting with her to discuss an idea we had for a drop down banner and whether the club would be comfortable with us doing it. It was basically the original version of the Muppet Show banner which we eventually had done when UEFA banned us for 2 years, only instead of various UEFA officials being featured, it would have various journalists and pundits who had slagged us off down the years.

VK (not Vincent Kompany) felt that it wasn’t subtle enough and that there are other ways to skin a cat and get out point across. She wasn’t outright saying we couldn’t do it but she also said that there was no more bias against City in the media than there is against any other high profile club which surprised everyone in attendance.
That's plainly bollocks... you only have to look at the past week or so...

If City had been dumped out of Europe, would they have spun it into a positive like they have for Arsenal?
Or the articles saying what positives United could take from the 7-0 thrashing... or the silence of football journalists over Nunez flopping - yet Erling has a couple of games without scoring... etc. etc. etc.

Ok that’s me done on this thread till ( and yes it will be a while) the PL rule on the matter.

Yipee no doubt say the majority and yep I understand that but very of you can even contemplate that there are counter views and counter arguments to the narrative that you understandably want to believe.

So in the words of the two Ronnies it’s goodnight from him
What I, for one, don’t understand is why you spend so much time on this forum on this topic - more than most City fans. What makes it worse is that your pontifications are lacking in accuracy & our more well-informed fans have to spend time correcting you.

As you will appreciate - you won’t be missed & I would rather you didn’t come back when the PL charge has been resolved - even to apologise

If and of a course a big if the leaked documents are genuine it would seem

1) The heads of agreements for both contracts were signed on the same day19/12/2009 ( contracts were indeed signed on different dates )
2) There was considerable involvement in both contracts from very senior employees at City.
3) The invoices from Mancinis company were sent to Man City direct and payment of those invoices we’re actually routed via a Man City Bank account
Are you an equally busy **** on your own forum?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.