Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

The back four were immense to a man....

One on one defensively that was a masterclass along with how the defended as a unit.......especially in the second half....I know people like to criticise Akanji but again i thought he was very good ..he might have the odd lapse positionally but i said it earlier in the week that one v one he is superb and has more pace than people give him credit for. Stones was superb and Dias is a captain in waiting....so like Vinnie in many ways.

Rodri and Bernardo were superb as well and Bernardo as predicted was so important with not only his techincal ability to retain possession and beat a man but also defensively (as always)

in the past we may have let a goal in near the end to make it 3-1 - it never looked like it today and Bayern were starting to loose their heads....

Good to hear that Cancello got the welcome he deserved...the fans need to be nastier at times when we are at home and create a more intimidating atmosphere..

Worrying thing for Bayern is that KDB was probably our worse outfield performer (not saying he was bad - he wasnt, but he wasnt as good as he has been recently at times - looked like he was struggling fitness wise at times) that wont keep happening!

I said it months ago in the Ruben thread that we needed him back fit and in form and we’d see the leadership we were missing post World Cup. The man has delivered yet again. Love you father.

What a brilliant team performance that was, I hope Cancelo takes a moment to think about what he witnessed tonight and how us throwing his arse out of the club has in no coincidence seemed to help galvanise the side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.