Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

Surrendered possession a lot more than usual, looked touch and go until the 2nd goal, then no way back.

The whole show surrounding Bayern appting Tuchel and sacking Nagelsmann vindicates what Pep hinted at when he went on Sabattical. There's something not quite right about the place. The egos and ex players, playing the PR game. There's something very insecure about appting Tuchel in the way they did. Like, certain people at the club, maybe the club in general - it/they felt inferior, insecure, knowing they'd face us, face Haaland, KDB, their ex-manager. So they tried to borrow Tuchel's psychological edge over Pep. What a farce. That's not how any of this works. Sack a manager fighting for two trophies? Because of a percieved edge he has over your opponent. For one tie?! Madness.

Tuchel has just arrived. And already he looks and sounds worried. "Can't sleep". He made such a blatant drama of berating his bench over the first goal. It's not his fault! No. Other people didn't listen.

That's how it works, when the guys at the top are insecure and flailing about for real answers. Everyone else has to feel insecure.

Why insecure? 7 managers in 6 years post Pep. Busting the finances with Sane. Loved getting one over us there! Many other little things along the way I bet. They boasted the problems out of sight when first mentioned. But they've only made them worse.

Well played, lads. Well played, Pep. Well played, the City Board.

City must finish the job in Bayern. And then I'll start to think of them in the same way I think of PSG. Prone to a bit of self-destruction, when facing us. Because it's City who are the stronger, more confident outfit.

Just got back, a bit wet and now feeling a bit cold but there is no way I am going to be able to get to sleep for a good while! Great performance from City, all the defence was superb, Bernardo was everywhere. It was a really tight game and at times we rode our luck but by the same token so did they and with better finishing we could have scored another three or four. Great to keep a clean sheet, we have a good foundation for the second leg. After that game I fancy us to get a result there too. Thanks City, enjoyed that. I'll be groggy at work tomorrow but I'll be smiling.
We are all a bit wet after that tbf

Both teams came into the game with exactly the right attitude - wanting to win, trying to play football and no stupid writhing around on the floor that we see on a lot of CL games. Credit to the ref as well as I thought he waved play on a few times when another would've pulled everyone up.
Brilliant summary - I'd assumed Tuchal would simply try to nullify us.
Clearly either understands that's not what his club wants, has been told that's not what they want, or genuinely believed he had the players to go toe to toe. In fairness I felt they were possibly the better side first half, but tweaks changed it after half time
Felt the ref was excellent in the use of play ons, and kept cards to a minimum

The best European performance in our history and one of the best all round performances I’ve ever seen us put on. Make no mistake, that was a massive fucking statement. And a magnificent tactical tweak from The Overthinker which made a big difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.