Narrowboat/canal boat

Did a long weekend for a stag do many years ago. Still the best stag weekend I have been on. There's stuff to do and a lot of down(drinking)time around it.

If you just want to test it out you can book a day hire at Skipton on the Leeds-Liverpool. Great fun and the boats are indestructible (judging by our experience). Can't remember the name of the company I used.

One of the holidays my mate did was Fort William to Inverness via the Caledonian Canal, which flows into Loch Ness en route.
He said crossing the loch was almost tidal and very choppy. Also mentioned some fantastic pubs en route.

Did a day hire on the Macclesfield Canal. Was a great experience, those bridges didn't have much room to get through though.

Been on a few and they are a superb holiday. Lots of pubs and a bit of exercise, all at a slow, relaxing pace. Have a look at 'Canal Boat Diaries' on the iPlayer.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.
Robbie's turned into a right moaning twat in series 4 since his girlfriend dumped him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.