Narrowboat/canal boat

Anyone own one or been on holiday in one..really fancy trying it out
I did a week on the Shropshire Union canal in 97 from Wolverhampton to Nantwich and back. Was a 50ft boat that slept 5 of us in decent comfort. Was a memorable holiday and totally relaxing apart from going though 15 locks at Audlem, that was hard work. Was good to stop off at several small towns and villages and buy food to cook on the boat. We stopped off at a couple of pubs along the way for a meal and drinks. I also did a bit of fishing in the evening which I enjoyed. Cruising along at 4mph through the lovely countryside was so enjoyable in taking in the scenery.

I think it was £650 to hire back then so it's not a cheap holiday but we shared the cost with my ex wife's parents. I definitely recommend it.

Edit.

I've just check the price of a boat that sleeps 6 in September when we went and it's a shade over £1500. Ouch! But if you have the money and want to hire one then do it because there's no pockets in shrouds, as they say.

Last edited:
Robbie's turned into a right moaning twat in series 4 since his girlfriend dumped him.
Couldn't agree more. Always saying that he will decide what his future will bring at the end of the season - never does - hey presto - another series. Stupid name for a boat as well.

Enjoy it despite rather than because of him.

Expensive but wonderful holidays. I did wonder about living on one post retirement, but the fucking beardy hipster middle class hippy crowd have pushed the prices up, just like the cunts did with single speed fixie bikes.
I looked into getting a loan on one years ago with a view to living on it, they wouldn't give me a mortgage, something about no foundation, weird.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.