Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Just WOW! We absolutely blew the biggest club in the world away in a most ruthless fashion & Real can count themselves lucky it wasn't 7 or 8, such was our complete dominance. Real were in shock & in the first half looked like rabbits caught in the headlights!

Everyone of us to a man were on point! Walker proved again he's the best RB on the planet & barely gave Vini Jnr a sniff. The one chance he created for himself, Walker applied the afterburners, stronged him off the ball & played an intelligent ball out to dissipate the pressure.

Akanji has to be the best £15m spent in modern football. What a fuckin player!

Ederson was imperious. His performances over the two legs were simply world class, & he's proved he's so much more than a keeper who's good with his trotters.

Rodri was a giant amongst men, KDB panicked Real every time he got on the ball, & Grealish tortured Carvajal the whole game until he was substituted as an act of mercy.

Courtois being Real's best player will tell anyone all they need to know about the deep intrusive dicking Real were given.

What can I say about Bernardo more than please end your meaningful career in Manchester! You can still end your career at Benfica in a couple of years, but with a pocket full of medals & the memories that'll go with them.

My MoTM goes to Josep "Don't worry guys, I won't over-think tomorrow" Guardiola! We did what City do best & left Real to worry about us, & look at the result!

The Champions League is about small margins & last year we were relying on Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus & an ageing Fernandinho to make the difference, but we kept coming up short.

Baldy obviously recognised that the 2022 iteration if City had gone as far as it could go & we needed to upgrade specific key areas of the squad.

The incremental difference Akanji, Grealish & Haaland have made was more than enough to put a better Real team than last years' to bed, & tuck them in with a Glasgow Kiss!

Several players on both sides were out on their feet at the end & understandably so. Rarely will anyone have witnessed Real so utterly, thoroughly & brutally despatched in the fashion that City did tonight!

We've now got a chance to redeem ourselves in the final, where hopefully "Don't worry guys, I won't over-think tomorrow" won't come into play. We should play to our strengths & let the opposition worry about us.

We've got Chelsea next & if we manage to beat them, the PL title is ours & this needs to be our sole focus, with no hangover from tonight. Roll on Sunday!
The commentator on the stream I was watching said something along the lines of Akanji being the best signing in a Europe this season.
I expect he was talking relative to what we paid for him.

Sky sports Player Ratings:

Ederson 7
Walker 8
Stones 7
Dias 7
Akanji 7
Rodri 7
Silky 7
Kev 7
Bern 9
Jack 8
Haaland 6

And that's a team that just took eUrOpEaN rOyAltY apart 4-0 in a must win 2nd leg semi final of the champions league.

Look at the ratings again.

It was literally the best football I've ever seen a team play - not considering the opposition, not considering the situation, but objectively the best football i've seen played in 35 years - and the average, the fucking average score is a 7.

Sly sports - cunts. One and all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.