Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake can't stay fit, Cancelo is gone and Laporte is likely off. We definitely need someone who can play on the left and cover CB should the worst happen to Stones or Dias.
Yep,while things look rosey currently,the situation,as we found not so long ago......can very quickly become an issue.

In my opinion, we should sign Gvardiol to replace Laporte and keep Ake as no. 1 at the start of the season. Gvardiol is so young, he will need time to adapt and we are perfectly set up to allow him that time to ease himself into the system as we have Nathan Ake. There’d be no pressure on Gvardiol, he wouldn’t be required to set the world alight from the off. The press will deride us for spending that much money on “a backup” but then in his 2nd season he’ll be an absolute beast and will look a bargain. Calling it now. We’ll play the long game with him, knowing that we have Ake and he deserves to start.
I'd rather just bring Callum Doyle back and let him do that then.
He plays the same position and will be a top player according to people i've spoken to who's watched him, not only at City but at Sunderland and Coventry too.

Then if we offer £70-80m we may be able to tempt Bayern to part with Davies and we get a player in a position of need who can help us straight away.

He plays the same position and will be a top player according to people i've spoken to who's watched him, not only at City but at Sunderland and Coventry too.

Then if we offer £70-80m we may be able to tempt Bayern to part with Davies and we get a player in a position of need who can help us straight away.
Doyle will never be City quality , he will have a decent future, possibly in the Premier league, but not with us . Mobility being his biggest issue

Even in the role I mentioned, he’s still going to play in about 30 games minimum. Callum Doyle isn’t ready for that and we don’t actually know if he ever will be (at City). I don’t mean give him Gomez minutes, I mean give him Laporte minutes, plus a bit extra since Gvardiol hopefully won’t have Laporte’s ‘bad faces’

And to me, a natural left back is the last thing we need. This system has us on the brink of a treble, I don’t want us changing it just yet.

Why do we need another centre half, even if Laporte leaves we're OK in that dept
were arent ok with having 4 cbs when we currently play with 3 in the back line 2 of which are ake and stones who are very prone to picking up an injury. hence why we bought akanji this year

We are going to struggle to get Laporte off the books:

PSG want Hernandez
Atletico - maybe? On a loan option?
Real - no chance
Barca - brassic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.