UAP/UFO thread - Claims made that the US has an extraterrestrial object

I do. I was correcting the poster who said erroneously that no terrestrial signals will have got anywhere near a star yet.
Radio and TV signals go out in all directions from earth, they don't need to point anywhere.

However I believe life is so unlikely to occur that we may well be the only intelligent species in our galaxy.
Absolutely correct re radio signals, at a distance of light years the wavefronts, even from very directional sources, will be spread out so wide you could only say the signal is coming from a general direction. That’s without also considering scintillation effects due to electrons in the ionosphere.

As regards the existence of life there is a paper where David Kipping from Columbia Uni gave some estimates which show that the probability of life existing was fairly high but of intelligent life it was relatively small. So a bit like Old Trafford on any given Saturday afternoon.

He would have been all over this, I wonder what Buzzer is up to, did he get abducted by aliens, he was one out there dude
I like to think he's somewhere in the American Midwest, harassing bewildered cattle and trampling crops with a bunch of UFO detection tools in a rucksack on his back.
alien-man-abc-er-180213_4x3t_992.jpg

Either that or he's got his own show on the history channel.

I love how in the movies and real life it's always the flipping usa that this shit happens to!
Saying that I defo believe there is extra terrestrial life that is far advanced to us
But do you think it’s here shagging mid western farmers and making themselves known exclusively to ex naval officers, who have walked the plank, mental capacity wise?

I think they are out there, way, way, way, way, way, another 567,896 ways, out there. We always have to have something as a species. Gods, demons, the clap, aliens among us.

I like to think he's somewhere in the American Midwest, harassing bewildered cattle and trampling crops with a bunch of UFO detection tools in a rucksack on his back.
alien-man-abc-er-180213_4x3t_992.jpg

Either that or he's got his own show on the history channel.
That **** looks like me.

If life is abundant but intelligent/evolved life is rare in the universe it stands to reason more advanced civilisations would be here observing …the only issue I have with it is how they would travel vast distances of space to get here.

I think the multiverse theory is a plausible alternative to the traditional view (Big Bang) so inter dimensional travel could well be a more likely explanation than travelling these great distances between planets across the universe. I guess as physics advances we will get the answers to some of these questions.

I had a look at the 4chan thread, seems to me the guy is a bullshitter, no real information, and his prose is poor with no ‘detail’ just opinion and claims.

The nearest star is only 4 light years away.
Radio and tv transmissions travel at the speed of light.
So far from not receiving any transmissions they’ll have watched all City’s success up to 2019.
There are over 10,000 stars within 100 light years never mind 200. They will have been receiving radio signals for 100 years and will shortly start receiving tv signals.
I'm hoping that when they receive those early tv signals they'll remember to tape all the missing Doctor Who episodes as that would fill the gaps in my collection!

On a more serious note it seems more probable than not that the universe is teeming with life. The search for extra solar planets identifies more and more, including life friendly ones. Hydrogen appears to be the most common element in the universe, no reason why oxygen isn't as available, therefore the is likely to be water in some form out there.

Carbon would also be common according to mass spectrometry and if you put those three elements together, under the right conditions, proteins form, that can lead to amino acids.....

So there is likely to be life out there, but is it like us, or primitive, like bacteria or Martin Keown!?! Other star systems may have formed much earlier than our Solar System, perhaps lifeforms evolved formed civilizations, created technology. If so it could be at least thousands of years in advance of ours.

Space is very big, the distance and time to travel to our nearest star systems would be hundreds of years. However for a hi tec civilization with technology far in advance of ours, coming to Earth, might be much easier. Hopefully they'll be benevolent like ET, rather than say Independence Day.

However human history teaches us that whenever one technologically superior civilization encounters a less advanced one, there is usually not a good outcome for the indigenous people........

There are other places in the Solar System to explore, hopefully we can become an interstellar species, and expand our habitats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.