Do you need glasses and if so at what age did you start wearing them?

Had to wear specs since my early 30s when a firework hit me in the eye. I'm going deaf as well nowadays either that or people aren't talking properly, mumbling so I tilt my head at em, grimace, and go EYYY?

Since I was 5. Then spent years not wearing them because I was teased over my multicoloured frames. Then all through high school and wear them for everything now, working, driving etc.
You are Timmy Mallet (after checking he is not a nonce!!) and I claim my 5 pounds!!

I had 20/20 vision until I was around 50 years old, then horizontal lines started becoming a bit blurred, which made reading difficult. I've been a specky 4 eyed twat ever since, but still enjoy 20/20 vision wearing my specs. My eyesight hasn't declined that much since then, and, at a pinch, I can still get by without wearing them, especially in sunlight.

I find it odd at times when I'm reading something that is crisp and sharp for me to see with my specs on, and friends wearing glasses sitting next to me can't focus on what I'm seeing. Maybe they've never had good vision and glasses can't improve that, I don't know, but it happens quite a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.