How many more people will now become City fans?

Based on yesterday I’d say the answer to the thread title was at least 29k. Never have I been in a quieter City crowd, home away or neutral. Fair fuck to the jcl’s who bothered to buy tickets but the crowd dynamic yesterday was weird, impossible to get a song going - in block 532 literally me and my 2 kids signing, a bloke and his 3 kids singing 4 rows in front, a guy singing on his own about 12 rows in front, nobody else within earshot, it was pretty awful. Was on row 30 top tier, looked like nobody standing behind the goal at our end.Quite a few arse fans dotted around too. The boycott peopke will be welcomed back with open arms for the next one. I have seen the future, and I don’t like it

Last edited:
Based on yesterday I’d say the answer to the thread title was at least 29k. Never have I been in a quieter City cried, home away or neutral. Fair fuck to the jcl’s who bothered to buy tickets but the crowd dynamic yesterday was weird, impossible to get a song going - in block 532 literally me and my 2 kids signing, a bloke and his 3 kids singing 4 rows in front, a guy singing in his own about 12 rows in front, pretty awful. Was on row 30 top tier, looked like nobody standing behind the goal at our end.Quite a few arse fans dotted around too. The boycott era will be welcomed back with open arms for the next one. I have seen the future, and I don’t like it
Definitely the worse game I've been to regarding the atmosphere in the city end.

Based on yesterday I’d say the answer to the thread title was at least 29k. Never have I been in a quieter City cried, home away or neutral. Fair fuck to the jcl’s who bothered to buy tickets but the crowd dynamic yesterday was weird, impossible to get a song going - in block 532 literally me and my 2 kids signing, a bloke and his 3 kids singing 4 rows in front, a guy singing in his own about 12 rows in front, pretty awful. Was on row 30 top tier, looked like nobody standing behind the goal at our end.Quite a few arse fans dotted around too. The boycott era will be welcomed back with open arms for the next one. I have seen the future, and I don’t like it
yeah I was in block 530 with my 2 boys and we were trying to get some singing going but no one was interested, its like these new fans don't get the concept of what singing at a match is all about.....most of em had massive buckets of popcorn ffs!

yeah I was in block 530 with my 2 boys and we were trying to get some singing going but no one was interested, its like these new fans don't get the concept of what singing at a match is all about.....most of em had massive buckets of popcorn ffs!
Yes 5 guys in front of us buying stuff all game, must have spent a fortune.

Tried to get songs going but no chance.

As my mate said yest, the money men at City must be creaming their pants at this new type of fan.

Fair play to the genuine fans who travelled, but I don't think I've ever fully recovered from the half hearted Wembley performance under Pellegrini when Arsenal beat us 3-0 in 2014.
I'll probably attend 50+ games this season, but I don't enjoy the Wembley experience, and even an FA Cup Semi Final is hard work.

However, City have never travelled in great numbers to the Community Shield so it seems a tad strange that everyone seems so surprised by yesterday's demographic. One minute we're boasting about our expanding fanbase, and then suddenly it's a problem.

OK you fuckers, I've had to scroll back14 pages to find a thread that'll make sense.
Tonight I saw a youngish lad, around 15 with a City training top on with Haaland on the back and I thought good lad. He also had a bucket hat on which after straining to see I realised was a Sunderland hat. So. I asked him what it was all about and he basically said. Yeah. He's a Sunderland supporter but Haaland is his hero.
Honest to god. This man is a bonofide. No arguments. Superstar. We've got to get used to the fact that there are going to be an awful lot of people kat h onto City because we've got stardust.

I’m currently in a resort called Svaronata in Kefalonia. I’ve been here one day and there are at least six young/teenage Greek kids in City shirts. Not a chance of that happening five years ago.
The Haaland factor imho.

I’m currently in a resort called Svaronata in Kefalonia. I’ve been here one day and there are at least six young/teenage Greek kids in City shirts. Not a chance of that happening five years ago.
The Haaland factor imho.
Same in gouves in crete. Saw a few local lads in city tops and all had haaland.

Also in banus in june saw 3/4 ‘scandinavian’ families and the kids had haaland city tops on

Imagine if he was any good!

Went to the nephews academy game at Fleetwood this morning, kids in City tops/kits everywhere, and all kits on show, including Eddies, which is a hit with the kids….was somewhat spoilt by a kid playing for one of the guest teams in a red rag shirt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.