How many more people will now become City fans?

I don't understand how anyone would let their kids support a different team to their own, if my kid became a rag, he'd be out the door...
My dads wolves. Born in Wolverhampton. Lived and worked in Manchester. Watched City because he loved football and watched it wherever he lived. He brought us all to Maine Road. Me and my brothers and two sisters. All through the 70s, 80s and 90s. Now his grandchildren are blues. He didn’t tell us who to support he just took us to the game.

My dads wolves. Born in Wolverhampton. Lived and worked in Manchester. Watched City because he loved football and watched it wherever he lived. He brought us all to Maine Road. Me and my brothers and two sisters. All through the 70s, 80s and 90s. Now his grandchildren are blues. He didn’t tell us who to support he just took us to the game.
My dad was a Wolves supporter from Shropshire. The family moved to the Manchester area in the late 1940s. Over the next ten years Wolves had their greatest era with three league titles and two FA Cups.

He remained a Wolves supporter although he did have a season ticket in the North Stand at City for a couple of years in the mid 1970s before his death.

Passed through Johannesburg Airport last week.

No Barca,FC Franco or English club shirts.....but a sports store with City shirts and merchandise.

70% of all Africans I spoke to about football followed City & KDB was their 'boy'

We need an ambassador for City in Africa, such a shame Yaya fucked up he'd have been the man !!
Mahrez is still seen as a huge star in the African tournaments, I thought anyway. Though he only won African footballer of the year once(2016) to Yaya's 4. They also snubbed him in 2023 as a finalist completely, which caused some backlash.

It's all here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Footballer_of_the_Year

Yaya is joint top with Eto'o(he has more 2nd and 3rd place nominations though) with 4 1st place awards. Salah would have had more, if not for Mane sharing the attention(2 each). I'd have given Salah at least one Mane's but to be honest I'm probably biased, I found him very unlikeable in comparison(petulant, arrogant, diving, fouling... got away with most of it too). I'd still say although devastating at his best, it came in fits and bursts during games and purple patches during the season(he didn't carry the same as Salah did).

Mahrez could still be an ambassador even though he's no longer at City, he left on good terms, won everything there is to win with City(almost). Would anyone be against Yaya taking up a similar role, once he's no longer working in football(once he's washed the Spurs stench off)?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.