16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Apart from the misplaced pass, another Rodders masterclass. I'm sure Pep is aware of burnout, obviously he doesn't trust Phillips, but he will need a rest soon. Next Sunday against Sheffield Utd is an opportunity to rest him imo.

Rodri needs a break.. I wish we'd just start trusting in Perrone and letting him learn the ropes because obviously Kalvin will never be good enough.

A game here, a game there while resting Rodri, gaining tutelage under Pep and Perrone might be a top player in 2-3 years.

He has to be good enough for a backup DM slot at City at the very least.

Apart from the misplaced pass, another Rodders masterclass. I'm sure Pep is aware of burnout, obviously he doesn't trust Phillips, but he will need a rest soon. Next Sunday against Sheffield Utd is an opportunity to rest him imo.

There were a another 2 or 3 sloppy passes,and i suspect all were down to fatigue.

If we havent got a player in our ranks,then get them sold or loaned and purchase someone capable.If that does not happen we will doing ourselves and the player a huge disservice.

There were a another 2 or 3 sloppy passes,and i suspect all were down to fatigue.

If we havent got a player in our ranks,then get them sold or loaned and purchase someone capable.If that does not happen we will doing ourselves and the player a huge disservice.
Too big a risk to take continually playing Rodri, arguably our most important player. Obviously, Phillips isn't trusted by Pep, perhaps could try Rico, but I'm not sure about his defensive capabilities.

Too big a risk to take continually playing Rodri, arguably our most important player. Obviously, Phillips isn't trusted by Pep, perhaps could try Rico, but I'm not sure about his defensive capabilities.

Lewis isn't the answer,not by a long way.

Unless we find an alternative to Kovacic,we have no one that can fill the void.

I get that he can’t play the same number of games again this year, but why does he need a break again so urgently?
He’d a month off and has played 4 competitive games since if you class the community shield and super cup as that.

I suspect Peps solution to rest Rodri will be to play Kovacic at DM and pair him with Bernie.

We will probably see a fluid rotation where Pep picks any 2 of Rodri, Kovacic and Bernie as a midfield pair.

Also once Stones is fit I wouldnt be surprised if Pep is happt with Akanji learning the false CB role so quickly and letting Stones play DM.

There is a surprising amount of options and ways to rest Rodri due to these players intelligence.

Easiest would be to play Phillips, but who knows when that happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.