Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll be interesting to see how high we'll go. This one seemed the most likely to me as the club are clearly trying to avoid overpaying as much as possible.

If they're asking for another £10-15m then I'd prefer for us to get Eze.

Either way I don't really get the sense of disappointment others are clearly feeling.

I hope we’re not panicking with this signing, trust the club yes but mistakes have been made before and can be made again

We made a big mistake last summer and still had our best season ever.

People need to chill man. Regardless of who does or doesn't join us, we're the best in the world.

I think some are "underwhelmed" because he doesn't fit the profile of a shiny new toy. He is not the all hurrah attack type of guy. Instead, he is a hard-working box-to-box type with a very high defensive contribution. The guy doing the dirty work, getting fouled a lot, the guy who makes a perfect through ball, so we can all chant the name of the goal scores and think, who passed that ball? He is the one to play his way out of defense with excellent ball control and technical ability, the guy who is fast enough to bail out his teammates when they make a mistake and we are vulnerable to a counter. Pep loves him for a reason, and I think he is what we need right now, especially for Rodri's sake.

We can only hope it's a similar situation to Kovacic, where he's downed tools cos he can't be arsed and wants a move. I remember Walker's form going off a cliff during his last 3/4 months at Spurs - loads of people on here panicking that we'd bought a dud. Same when Akanji came in - by all means Dortmund were happy to shift him. And tbf, it seems Wolves fans have been happy with his performances so far this season by all accounts, even if they're a bit mixed on his overall contributions.

Fwiw, I still think we'd have been best off keeping Zinchenko around and giving him a bigger role in midfield. What's happened with Cancelo and Phillips wasn't exactly inevitable but it has exposed that bit of business to have been one departure too far. We've ended up replacing him with Gomez and Phillips, neither of whom have contributed anything like Zinchenko. I'm also wondering about the purpose of this Doku transfer when we've got Palmer and McAtee. Would prefer to just get Eze and nobody else and finish our business for the summer.

Wish them both well while they're (seemingly) here.
In our games against Arsenal, Zinchenko’s flaws at fullback have been cruelly exposed, with Walker having the aggression, height, pace, and muscle to perturb him, and the lack of those same attributes meant he could never cover Rodri and he just wasn’t creative enough to displace anyone further forward. A good player, no doubt, but one who had reached his ceiling with us.

It is very difficult to find players who are comfortable making the next step up. Some might relish the opportunity but find the climb too steep, while others might prefer to remain at a more comfortable zone and stop reaching for the summit. Suspect we might now have a few hit and miss targets as we go about trying to find who has what it takes.

Last edited:
I'm not sure this one will happen Wolves appear to be wanting a lot more than we want to pay.

In our games against Arsenal, Zinchenko’s flaws at fullback have been cruelly exposed, with Walker having the aggression, height, pace, and muscle to perturb him, and the lack of those same attributes meant he could never cover Rodri and he just wasn’t creative enough to displace anyone further forward. A good player, no doubt, but one who had reached his ceiling with us.

It is very difficult to find players who are comfortable making the next step up. Some might relish the opportunity but find the climb too steep, while others might prefer to remain at a more comfortable zone and stop reaching for the summit. Suspect we might now have a few hit and miss targets as go about trying to find who has what it takes.
OZ may well find himself as a rotation option this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.