Foden
Bernardo Haaland Grealish

Cover defence
Akanji, Ake, Lewis
Midfield
Phillips, Nunes
Attack
Alvarez, Doku, De Bruyne, Bobb

Plenty of game time for everyone. Lots of flexibility.
KDB is practically a write off for the season. We can't bank on him returning without some hiccups imo.

He will get that losers feeling playing for Sheffield all season not good! Better of going to Leicester!
But seen from his perspective, he might see that as treading water and consigning himself to be seen as a Championship player. At least at Sheffield United he is in the top flight, more in the spotlight, and likely to attract suitors.

KDB is practically a write off for the season. We can't bank on him returning without some hiccups imo.
I think that him having the 4 months out (plus his normal 1.5-2 months to get back to being himself) makes us a real threat for the CL again this year.

Hopefully we can still be in the PL mix (with a deeper level of competition & having to bed Nunes & Doku in).

Agree! If we sell our players or not should should be a football decision, not a financial one. If Palmer (or anyone else) is deemed not good enough to be a part of the squad by Pep then sure, sell him. But if we get a "big" offer or not should however have no impact on that decision. We are not a selling club or in desperate need of money (as far as I know). What does selling Palmer allow us to do that we otherwise couldn't do? It looks like we are not even replacing him.
I understand most youth players wont make it here and I usually have nothing against us selling the likes of Trafford, Edozie, Borges, Bazunu, Doyle or even a big talent like Lavia. Selling Palmer I do however have a problem with us selling since he has shown enough to be a part of the squad and has all the tools to become a top player in this league, in my opinion. Our only goal scorer against both Arsenal and Sevilla as recently as last month and I had high hopes of him finally showing what he could do this season. I dont even think the fee is so amazing like some others here think, considering the current market there is a big chance a homegrown player like Palmer will be worth twice that in just a few months. Not happy at all with this one, but hey, at least our net spend is lower than Bournemouths again and thats apparently the most important thing.

I understand many others here dont seem to rate Palmer at all and since they think that they naturally have no problem with us selling him. Which is fine, it a forum and many people will have many different opinions about our players.
But I, and what looks like many others, do rate Palmer which means we naturally have a problem with us selling him. Will it impact our season massively that we sold him? Most likely not, but neither will the money we received for him. I would rather have kept him around for at least another year even if we would risk getting 15m or so less for him if it doesn't work out. Just my opinion :)
I think the issue is not with us wanting to keep him more that he looked at his prospects at having significant playing time and wanted out. Perhaps it says something about his character - remember John and Zinchenko had options to leave but chose to stay and fight for a place & that turned out great. Like it or not players have a lot of power these days. As a club Pep has always stated if any player is not happy they will leave - All of our current squad go on about how good the dressing room is and that is a huge part of any success.

As for how he will go at Chelsea only time will tell. He sure has the abilities but so do many players who end up not living up to expectations. The money is good and allows us to continue to grow. I don't think there is a desperate need to bring anyone else in. Kev will be back at the most crucial time of the season and there is plenty enough quality to rotate especially now we have two central defenders ( And possibly Kosko) who are capable of playing more centrally if needed.

Above all I always look to the age of our current team and we have a great mix of younger guys entering their prime and a few older heads so I'm not worried about if we need any more. I'm very excited to see Doku and Nunes grow under the tutelage of the great man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.