Israel-Palestine Conflict

Interestingly many experts, governments and commentators at the time said this was Hamas accepting a two state solution although I’m not entirely convinced of that interpretation from the text.

I’m curious why you think Israel would accept a two state solution though. Let’s look at the evidence; we already have some sort of de-facto two state setup - yet there is no happy coexistence from either side. For example, Israeli settlers have long been an issue - moving in, attacking local Palestinians and destroying Palestinian crops (which they rely upon for food self sufficiency and income) all under the watchful eye of the IDF - this, one might be forgiven for thinking, is state sponsored. How do you even begin to reconcile that with an Israeli desire for a peaceful two state solution? Actions speak louder than words.

I still dont understand how people are still brushing this quote from Netanyahu under the carpet. It's fairly obvious that Netanyahu and Hamas are two sides of the same problem.

“Those who want to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state should support the strengthening of Hamas and the transfer of money to Hamas. This is part of our strategy, to differentiate between the Palestinians in Gaza and the Palestinians in Judea and Samaria.”

I would suggest the correct word to deploy is reckless. Israel is reckless to the loss of innocent life in their anger fuelled campaign of vengeance against Hamas.
I'd go for "careless, reckless and using excessive force". But the USA is the ref, UK and others the assistants and no-one's taking notice of the UN/VAR.

Israel is surrounded by enemies who want nothing more than to wipe them from the face of the Earth.

That has always been the case.

That was the case before this war started and will be the case long after it’s finished.

What exactly could Israel do that would enable them to live peacefully with its predominately Muslim neighbours?

I’m all ears?
Well the first thing is the most obvious, get back to the negotiating table, and be serious about the two state solution and not some Bantostan style enclaves that were offered previously (a number of Gaza strips)

The next is stop the brutality on the West Bank, if you can’t see it’s counterproductive then you are blind, there is no need to use live ammunition on rock throwing kids, or the daily humiliation at checkpoints, or the unimpeded violence from settlers so dressed in army uniforms

Quite a few Muslim countries have diplomatic relationships with Israel including the UAE and there is travel and trade, as far as I am aware there is only one country that wants to destroy Israel and that’s Iran and it’s proxy armies

With a fair and just settlement peace would come, there are always going to be some radicals on both sides that will object

What’s your objection to a fair and just settlement? Can you not see that without it this cycle of violence will just go on and on? Or are you enjoying the sight of innocent people being killed and maimed on both sides?

It’s one or the other I’m afraid military might won’t solve this problem it hasn’t before and it won’t now all it does is keep the cycle going

I’m not alone in this, most intelligent commentators see this, because it’s blindingly obvious

Israel is surrounded by enemies who want nothing more than to wipe them from the face of the Earth.

That has always been the case.

That was the case before this war started and will be the case long after it’s finished.

What exactly could Israel do that would enable them to live peacefully with its predominately Muslim neighbours?

I’m all ears.

I could give this a go, but you will have to be more specific. By neighbours, you mean the Palestinians? Or do you include close neighbours like Egypt, Syria, Jordan and the Lebanon? Or the more important regional players like Saudi, Qatar, and Iran?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.