Israel-Palestine Conflict

I think fact checking is important. They were Peace protesters who did the beating up.
Why didn’t you fact check the 47 journalists who’ve been killed since the 7th October. That was supposed to be “propaganda”.

I hope the poppy seller gets well soon.

Sorry mate, whilst I agree about a sovereign state being able to defend itself this isn’t that.
This is vengeance and nothing more and all talk of anything else is just bollocks.
When Abedi bombed the arena should we have murdered his whole family to make sure we got them all?
Because that’s what this is now, just keep killing all Palestinians to ensure no more attacks, forget the fact that these are innocent men women and children.

It’s fucking barbaric and should be condemned by anyone who has any compassion or empathy.

Makes me sick thinking about what these kids are going through.
1,000% this.

The reality though mate is that Hamas can never "be removed". There will always be a Hamas or a Real Hamas or a Provisional Hamas or whatever, so long as a significant proportion of Palestinians are not happy with their lot. Which means forever, if Israel carry on as they are.

Maybe they just have to accept being permanently at war, forever.
The ideology of Hamas may live on I agree but probably not as far as the government of Gaza is concerned.

The centre of Gaza has been split by the Israeli army, it's only going to go one way. To be honest I thought this would be a nightmare urban long war spread over years but the ground campaign has so far been rapid. As it's impossible for Hamas to get arms in it's going to be effectively over with very quickly.

The alternative is otherwise as you say they back off, tolerate Hamas and remain at war forever, either suits Israel. This is because the fact is that Israel is a well supported and probably nuclear armed country whereas Hamas definitely is not any of these so there is only ever one winner.

Perpetual ideological war is perhaps inevitable but the outcome of this physical war is also inevitable. It is very unlikely that Hamas will exist in its current form within 3-4 weeks time. They might reset and rebuild but I don't see how the Palestinians benefit from this cycle so it only makes sense to remove Hamas and keep them removed.

Good grief. "Moved to safety" = ethnic cleansing.
I'm arguing to move the Palestinians temporarily, that is not ethnic cleansing. If Israel invades Gaza and claims it for its own then I will agree, that hasn't happened.

That is unless you think it's better, safer and more appropriate for the Palestinians to live amongst people who decide to build their military infrastructure beneath hospitals?

Would you accept that ?
Personally, no, I'd do anything possible to avoid it and enable my people to live in peace. And if that meant very significant compromises, I'd make them. Nothing is worth dying over, IMO. You get one life and it's not a rehearsal. There's no afterlife or anything else, you're just dead.

The ideology of Hamas may live on I agree but probably not as far as the government of Gaza is concerned.

The centre of Gaza has been split by the Israeli army, it's only going to go one way. To be honest I thought this would be a nightmare urban long war spread over years but the ground campaign has so far been rapid. As it's impossible for Hamas to get arms in it's going to be effectively over with very quickly.

The alternative is otherwise as you say they back off, tolerate Hamas and remain at war forever. The fact is though that Israel is a well supported and probably nuclear armed country whereas Hamas definitely is not any of these so there is only ever one winner.

Perpetual ideological war is perhaps inevitable but the outcome of this physical war is also inevitable. It is very unlikely that Hamas will exist in its current form within 3-4 weeks time. They might reset and rebuild but I don't see how the Palestinians benefit from this cycle so it only makes sense to remove Hamas and keep them removed.
Seems you're dreaming as much as the Israelis are. There's no chance of removing Hamas, let alone Hamas2. It's not a building or even a set of people, it's an ideology. I imagine they are signing up more members than they are losing.

And don't forget what this is doing for Israeli-Arab relations more generally. Iran will be thinking about what its next move is and I doubt it is sending Israel a cake.

You're the one who mentioned the law, not me. Just admit you don't know and decided to stick it in to fluff up your opinion. As for the common law bit, crikey.
Deary me, I even gave you the bloody links. There are laws which govern what you can do in self-defence, and yes they do require proportionality. It is YOU who questioned it. If you don't believe me, it is on YOU to do some digging, not on me to have to justify my comments to you.

The alternative is otherwise as you say they back off, tolerate Hamas and remain at war forever, either suits Israel. This is because the fact is that Israel is a well supported and probably nuclear armed country whereas Hamas definitely is not any of these so there is only ever one winner.

I'm arguing to move the Palestinians temporarily, that is not ethnic cleansing. If Israel invades Gaza and claims it for its own then I will agree, that hasn't happened.

That is unless you think it's better, safer and more appropriate for the Palestinians to live amongst people who decide to build their military infrastructure beneath hospitals?
Just think about it. 2 million people in tents in a desert for how long - while what happens? Do you really need more evidence that Israel would "claim it for its own"?

Personally, no, I'd do anything possible to avoid it and enable my people to live in peace. And if that meant very significant compromises, I'd make them. Nothing is worth dying over, IMO. You get one life and it's not a rehearsal. There's no afterlife or anything else, you're just dead.
Exactly where I stand, which is why I questioned just accept it, then concessions have to be made by both sides .
I do believe that hammas as it stands currently will be eliminated, I hope that then someone has a miraculous solution that suits both Palestinians and Israelllis under more moderate rule on both sides

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.