VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And it's a shit one, same with cricket.
In both those sports players spend lots of time doing nothing.
Fair enough. It would seem most would welcome elements from other sports’ usage of VAR to enhance the footballing version.

I don’t think many are advocating for VAR to judge a penalty decision and awarding a try.

I can’t. Well actually I can, but only due to the incompetence of the people involved. If VAR is not correcting that on-field decision then there really is no point in it.
They’re scared to re-referee. That needs to end. If we’re forensically looking at decisions, then the referee should look at contentious decisions again, rather than the VAR being their to corroborate their mate’s decision if at all possible.

Funny how var has become the worst thing ever, after several "controversial" against the red shirt clubs, yet nobody batted an eyelid when it was us getting the wrong end of the shitty stick, (or wolves etc).
It’s not boosted our thread here as much though.

Its almost as if VAR is shit when it’s against your club, but great when it affects others.

It was the same when it wasn’t around with referees.

Its almost as if VAR is shit when it’s against your club, but great when it affects others.

I'm not commenting on the actual decisions, as I genuinely don't watch any of these teams unless they're playing us, but I keep hearing from the media how bad it's become, I've seen us get some pretty shit decisions, but the media never tell the world how bad they are.

Fuck 'em.

You've got better discussion about you than hanging around this thread, mate. I love you to bits but fuck me, this one is done, nothing new is going to come of it so put your love of city and grasp of the real world to better use than replying to this thread.

(no, I'm not telling you what to do, even if I was I know you wouldn't give a fuck..) I just don't think there's anything new going to be put across and you're better than repeating yourself over and over x

VAR has fuck ups every week, but only 3 teams cry like fuck if that fuck up is against them
typical red shirt behaviour

when a contentious decision gets given for you then its fine, when its given against you then refs or these days var is shit and it was ever thus.

The only thing i would say with regards to var is that it has stopped the big clubs getting ALL the 50/50 or even 70/30 decisions in their favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.