“City have no history”

Bang on ! A group of us, including many 'older' guys who knew their football from previous generations were talking years ago before all the contrived 'history' became a narrative pushed by the red shirts. Lots of old players mentioned (all the City players you have listed) and from many clubs, Everton - Dixie Dean, Bolton - Nat Lofthouse, Arsenal - Alex James, Newcastle - Jackie Milburn, Sunderland - Raich Carter etc., but not ONE from the red history dippers !!!
To be fair Billy Liddell was a big name so much so that they used to call the club Liddlepool, having said that their neighbours were the 'bigger' of the the two clubs until maybe 1970 and plenty more famous well known players.

Organisations with no history:
Facebook, the internet, Twitter, Intel, car manufacturers from Asia, computer chip makers, CERN, UAE (formed 1971)……
Organisations with bags of history:
The British motorcycle industry, Senior Service, Wilko, Stagecoach manufacturers, New Brighton FC, Dunlop, Martins Bank…….
Just to be pernickety, computer chip makers such as Toshiba and Siemens have very long histories, as do the Asian car manufacturers Mitsubishi and Suzuki among others. All these companies were founded in the 19th century.

I'll get my coat.

Just to be pernickety, computer chip makers such as Toshiba and Siemens have very long histories, as do the Asian car manufacturers Mitsubishi and Suzuki among others. All these companies were founded in the 19th century.

I'll get my coat.

At what point does something have “history”?

E.g if I start a business today then it has no history. If it’s still going in 100 years it has loads of history.

What’s the ‘history’ threshold?

The rags don't consider us their derby.
We have no history.

All taunts made to get a rise and all taunts that are easily dismissed as falsehoods.

Their worst nightmare would be us surpassing the number of league titles could you imagine the meltdown if that happened hahahaha hahahahaha,go on pep make it so ..

Ironically saying a club has no history is just about the most plastic thing you can say, because you're telling the world that you think the collective experience of being a football fan is solely about winning trophies and that 99% of football clubs and football fans just don't exist because they didn't win something that season.

Their worst nightmare would be us surpassing the number of league titles could you imagine the meltdown if that happened hahahaha hahahahaha,go on pep make it so ..

Probably one for our kids/grandkids

If we keep winning at the rate we have under Pep, it'll take us 17 years to overtake them assuming they don't win one in the mean time. If we win at the overall rate since ADUG, it'll take us 26 years.

European Cups though? Pep could do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.