“City have no history”

This video is Intresting, shows we do have history and until the 80s was fairly even between us and united. They shot ahead under Fergie but we are catching them up and I bet there hating it!

MANCHESTER UNITED V MANCHESTER CITY -WHO HAS THE BETTER HISTORY?

They always claim they don't care about us... but if you look back to 1992 when they won the PL for the first time, Liverpool fans actively took the piss out of them (this was of course before the made-up rivalray between them started). It was only when they got near Liverpool's tally of league wins that the mood changed... it will be the same with us... once we get with a few titles of them their arses will go... or if we win the CL again...

Billy Meredith, Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann to name a few all played in the first half of City’s 129 year history. You look at Liverpool and all their wonderful history, every player they call a great comes from the 70s and 80s when they were being pumped full of Littlewoods pools money, they were nothing and an irrelevance before that.
Bang on ! A group of us, including many 'older' guys who knew their football from previous generations were talking years ago before all the contrived 'history' became a narrative pushed by the red shirts. Lots of old players mentioned (all the City players you have listed) and from many clubs, Everton - Dixie Dean, Bolton - Nat Lofthouse, Arsenal - Alex James, Newcastle - Jackie Milburn, Sunderland - Raich Carter etc., but not ONE from the red history dippers !!!

The club that refused the nazi salute..
I've posted previously on here about this, how our club and players stood up to the Nazis in 1937. The Old Man and my uncles/aunts often talked about it, agreeing it was a great moment in our history (especially when compared to the FA's craven response a year later, forcing the England team to do the Nazi salute in the Olympic stadium) They all fought/served from 1939 onwards, losing my Uncle Alf at the dreadful firefight at Kohima in 1944.

In fact, The Old Man often said words to the effect of 'you can put all the others' trophies together and they're still not worth the equal of what those lads did that day'.

I can't say I disagree with that.

I wouldn’t trade City’s history for any other club.. It’s made me the nervous, quivering, bi-polar wreck of an insanely happy, thoroughly proud Blue I am today … ! CTID

Only club to be English champions one season then relegated the next. Typical City, hope no one takes that record away from us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.