Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Bringing the club into disrepute? I bet that’s in his conditions of service.

Sorry keep having random thoughts.

A little excited as I’m going to meet a GREAT ex-player this evening. :-)
Our very own Nedum Onuha is visiting us. ;-) :-)
Hope Nedum doesn't knock over a chess piece ;-)
Have a good night.

100%. Keyword being contract. That's binding and shouldn't be violated. I think the powers that be at the club threw him under the bus before the justice system did, unfortunately things turned out differently. Naive on the part of the club.
Contracts are a lot more complicated than that, they state expectations of each party and we don’t have the details. I’m also not sure where the club played it wrong, I do recall them being criticised for selecting him in the period before he was arrested (or named in the media). I think the club were in a very difficult position.

I would think the devil is in the details of his contract. If he is owed money, no doubt we pay. (I suspect hes asked for more than hes due, probably including his league winning bonuses). If its stated his unavailability for work due to arrest or incarceration excludes financial liability on suspension then he gets nowt.
If its not clear a court will decide what's fair. (Which appears to be where we are)
His legal advisors obviously believe he's due something but it's hard to have an opinion one way or another without knowledge of the employment contractual details apart from an opinion that he was a bit of a dick and put himself in positions where he could be exploited and allowed his penis to be his wand of morality.

From the Graun

HM Revenue and Customs have sought a bankruptcy order against the France international over a tax debt of nearly £800,000. During a high court hearing over the debt, Louis Doyle KC, representing Mendy, said: “He is embarrassed about the fact that he is not able to discharge it quicker than he is able to. He is saying ‘I want to pay as quickly as I can, I realise that I am in difficulty’.”

In a context where he's bankrupt so has nothing to lose, this makes more sense.

Surprised he found a lawyer willing to take it on, given their chances of getting paid, which suggests he has some probability of success.

Not sure how finances are really what should be embarrassing him, mind.

Found not guilty and an innocent man by a court of law

But here is the rub
Mendy broke his bail bond and did not follow City and Pep code of conduct, Also broke COVID-19 rules.
When you are a multi-million-pound player for Manchester City you have to stick to the rules that come under the strict rule of the code of conduct and lifestyle.

Mendy has little to no pride, He conducts himself badly by mixing with the wrong people, Also not keeping himself match-fit and ready to play because of his partying and lifestyle.

I think Manchester City have so many breaches of contracts on Mendy that I don't see how he can say he was is owned money in wages.

Mendy should be very grateful to the British Court of Laws System and Manchester City, Just let it go and start again. He got very Lucky because of the Money he had to pay for the best Lawyers from signing for Manchester City, He was well paid and looked after by City for doing very little.

From the Graun

HM Revenue and Customs have sought a bankruptcy order against the France international over a tax debt of nearly £800,000. During a high court hearing over the debt, Louis Doyle KC, representing Mendy, said: “He is embarrassed about the fact that he is not able to discharge it quicker than he is able to. He is saying ‘I want to pay as quickly as I can, I realise that I am in difficulty’.”

In a context where he's bankrupt so has nothing to lose, this makes more sense.

Surprised he found a lawyer willing to take it on, given their chances of getting paid, which suggests he has some probability of success.

Not sure how finances are really what should be embarrassing him, mind.
The lawyers are probably on contingency (no cure no pay) and will take about 30% of what they recover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.