Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Not the best of games, quite tense and IMO a fair result....but I would say that wouldn't I?
Goes without saying it would have been a totally different game had KDB been fit and playing. Perhaps also different if Rodri hadn't been his usual impressive self. Certainly didn't appear to put himself about as much as he usually does.

Doku was impressive but wasteful in my view. Appeared to have the beating of TAA at almost every turn yet didn't push home the advantage with that killer pass. Made all the more surprising in that withy Doku still being on the pitch TAA was able to get up the pitch to score. Certainly a huge loss with Grealish being sick. I think back to that tracking back that Grealish did last year to deny Salah and wonder whether Grealish would have gone back with TAA?

I agree with some that the "foul" on Alison was very soft, but these days I do think it was indeed a foul. Had he gone in with just his shoulder and perhaps got a little higher then I would perhaps say fair play and Dias puts you 2 up. But I think Akanji didn't make a full on jump for the ball and clearly had his hand on the arm/shoulder. OK Alison was pretty poor yesterday but the arm on him from Akanji caused the whistle and from there there is no way that you can say that it was a clear and obvious error.

As for the MOTM, it does indeed seem to be an easy thing to give it to someone who scored a goal. However, I would have thought that the assist from Ake would have drawn alot more praise had the slipping past 2 players been done by Salah/Grealish. Add in the fact that he kept Salah quiet all afternoon then I do think he perhaps deserved it.

And a last thing.....Erling Haaland I do doff my cap. To score the goals you have, to have improved an already great City team, but that record was absolutely shattered. You look at the names in that list of fastest to 50 goals and there are some incredible names...and he has blown them away.

Agreed with every single point.

If dippers,scum or arse had scored a goal like our second then it would have stood, no doubt about it . What we saw was the ref/prem not wanting us to get a two goal lead cos they knew the dippers were beat if we went two ahead at that point, its as simple as that.
This. It is corruption in plain sight. I do wish, for once that Pep would kick off post match like Klopp and Arteta. We might just get a few close call decisions our way after that for the odd few games- against 'lesser' opponents to make it all look fair and above board.

View attachment 99740
Jesus fucking Christ.
Are these 2 having an affair?

And Darwin nunez is the equal of haaland. And Curtis jones is the equal of Rodri. and Alissons distribution is the equal of Edersons. and a premeditated attack on a child, throwing a coin-weighted cup on to their head scarring them for life is the equal of scribbling jft39 on a toilet door...

And a last thing.....Erling Haaland I do doff my cap. To score the goals you have, to have improved an already great City team, but that record was absolutely shattered. You look at the names in that list of fastest to 50 goals and there are some incredible names...and he has blown them away.
I noted one of our ex players was on it too and was surprised he had got there without taking any penalties.

Totally agree...just seen an article by a Keith Hackett from The Telegraph stating that the "supposed" Akanji foul on Allisson should not have been given and is calling out the inconsistency of the refs/var
Surely you read that wrong.
I'm guessing the Hackett referenced to is actually Father Jack Hackett

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.