EFL Leagues 1 & 2 thread 2023/24

jimharri

Couldn't find an existing thread after a quick search. Apologies if there actually is one. Anyway; got the Notts County vs Mansfield game on at the moment (I know; but it's still a better option than the cricket!). Obviously, the big rivalry in that neck of the woods is Forest vs County. But a quick question to any BMers living in that part of the country; do either of the Nottingham clubs give much thought to Mansfield? I'm guessing the reverse might be true, and that Mansfield fans would probably get great pleasure in turning over either of the two Nottingham clubs.

Couldn't find an existing thread after a quick search. Apologies if there actually is one. Anyway; got the Notts County vs Mansfield game on at the moment (I know; but it's still a better option than the cricket!). Obviously, the big rivalry in that neck of the woods is Forest vs County. But a quick question to any BMers living in that part of the country; do either of the Nottingham clubs give much thought to Mansfield? I'm guessing the reverse might be true, and that Mansfield fans would probably get great pleasure in turning over either of the two Nottingham clubs.
Nigel Clough managing Mansfield too. Guess County hate them more for that too.

Not sure if anyone else follows him on there but Accrington Stanley owner Andy Holt broke his own 7 month Twitter exile last night and promptly went on a huge rant slagging off pretty much everyone else associated with the club (including the manager) and put the club up for sale. I thought it might have been a bit of a Saturday night drunken outburst but he's still at it this morning and now arguing with fans on there. A real shame as I've followed him for ages and he always came across as a decent bloke and he gave some really interesting insights into running a football club at that level.

Not sure if anyone else follows him on there but Accrington Stanley owner Andy Holt broke his own 7 month Twitter exile last night and promptly went on a huge rant slagging off pretty much everyone else associated with the club (including the manager) and put the club up for sale. I thought it might have been a bit of a Saturday night drunken outburst but he's still at it this morning and now arguing with fans on there. A real shame as I've followed him for ages and he always came across as a decent bloke and he gave some really interesting insights into running a football club at that level.
What's happened with them?

They seemed to be a settle FL club.

I followed Andy Holt for a while and I take my hat off to him as he tries to run Stanley on a break even model, unfortunately as we all know football is like normal businesses and "only losing" <please insert figure dependant on which division you're in> millions per season is normal.

When in league 1 I was lucky enough to get tickets for both games we played there and is possibly one of my favourite away days, but on crowds of 2.5k and being situated between Burnley/Blackburn they are always going to be struggling to compete.

What's happened with them?

They seemed to be a settle FL club.

They got relegated to league 2 last season and from what I can gather reading through all of his posts it looks as though the manager has done an interview on the local radio saying that club doesn't have any ambition and hasn't given him the money he needs etc. So looks as though the owner has gone screw you, you aren't getting anything at all now I'm done!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.