Luton Town (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Battling performance against a poor side who were encouraged to be physical by an inept ref who let an awful lot go - although he was happy to pull City up for the slightest infringement. The Brown foul was a red in my view but he actually escaped any punishment. Who was on VAR ?
How I saw it too.

The difference in the second half was that we actually ran at their defence a few times and had players backing up the move running into the box.

Rather than passing it back constantly, which we’re doing far too much of again, the drive from Rodri caused them problems and we profited from it. We need another midfielder who can do that consistently with a bit of power and pace and break through the lines like Yaya used to, as we were far too slow with the ball in the first half. There was some chatter about Thuram from Nice the other day and he’s the sort of player we need in the middle.

Good to see Stones back and we just need to get Walker out of the side now and give Rodri the captaincy.

Foden played well and the lack of a red card for that challenge was disgraceful.

I though Luton did well, tough, tough side on that ground, every team who get anything on that ground will have earned it.
If they had got the punishment they deserved for foul play they would have finished the game with 9 men and got a right pummelling. I wish people would stop praising players for kicking the shit out of players that are better than them. It's not the 1980's anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.