United Thread - 2023/24

Scruffy Jim says he’s bringing Ineos’ expertise in the global market to the club . What expertise have they in the transfer market? Fuck all that’s what and the festering shitstain of a club will continue its downward spiral whilst the boardroom will be split in two with our mates still holding a majority share

As others have already posted, this announcement is nothing new. It’s old info designed to get good press above all the bad press.

As is being reported “BBC Sport has been told it may be about 6-8 weeks before the shareholding is ratified and Ratcliffe can start to make his presence felt.”

FYI - That’s after the transfer window shuts, so they have a ready made excuse not to spend anything (along with the real reasonS, they don’t have a pot to piss in and FFP)

Training ground improvements will not happen overnight. Nor will the ground improvements. And the scouting system needs a total overhaul.. All the areas where his investment has been earmarked are long term projects. And with the lack of available transfer funds in January nothing can realistically start until the summer. In which time they need to ship out dead wood and ageing players for a fraction of the price they paid, whilst simultaneously developing the squad and making the key marquee signing every summer that the Glazers demand to feed the beast.

The commercial arm is ultimately driven by the on field success, which has waned considerably. Sir Jim'll has essentially paid a premium to attempt to drive the commercial arm, which in my view United fans will attempt to kick back against as the commercial arm now more obviously feeds the Glazers. Scarves still at the ready.

But he must have a plan somewhere. Surely, one cant amass such personal wealth without having a bit of savvy. But I suppose if he was that clever with his money he wouldnt be investing in a football club. Ask Todd Boehly. Has anyone else paid over the odds for a turkey this Christmas?

Wow. The Beeb have this chart. How many would you say were a success?
Vidic, Carrick and Van Persie for 1 season?
I suppose De Gea too but he was patchy- better than his replacement though

1703456135295.png

So, can we cross “uncertainty about the clubs future” off the list of excuses for these lot being shit now? You know, now it’s sorted?

That’s all we’ve heard the last 18 months from Neville, Scholes et al.

Can we all just agree they are shit?

As others have already posted, this announcement is nothing new. It’s old info designed to get good press above all the bad press.

As is being reported “BBC Sport has been told it may be about 6-8 weeks before the shareholding is ratified and Ratcliffe can start to make his presence felt.”

FYI - That’s after the transfer window shuts, so they have a ready made excuse not to spend anything (along with the real reasonS, they don’t have a pot to piss in and FFP)
There is no reason to suppose it won't go through so they can spend Ratcliffe's money before it arrives, albeit at a slight risk. I'd be very surprised if they don't try and buy their way out of the shit in January but use the poverty angle to try and get the prices down

Expect the Prem to change their ffp rules now that scum have a couple of pence to rub together . I honestly do not believe that chemical Jim's money will only be spent on stadium infrastructure.
I don't think a lack of money was ever an issue considering their money spent over the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.