World Darts Championship 2024

The darts has now finally got it’s self away from a so called pub game , there’s not many sports when you need both physical and mental ability in a split second, I followed the circuit years ago and got to a quite good level to play county youth league level. Unless you had a very good sponsor or a very good employer no matter how good you was you would struggle. Played many finals in the riverside at Denton back in the day
I’m only 54 but they were great days .
Cheshire had the best county league side bar none in the eighties. Log end on a Thursday county on a Sunday , pub team on a Monday.
John Gwynne for the record was an absolute gentleman one of the nicest blokes you ever could wish to meet .

I’m glad the fat rag c**t lost, tho he’ll undoubtedly win it soon, I thought Wayne Mardel had morphed into Philip Schofield with his constant drooling over a 16yr old boy, it was nauseating

Last edited:
I’m glad the fat rag c**t lost, tho he’ll undoubtedly win it soon, I thought Wayne Mardel had morphed into Philip Schofield with his constant drooling over a 16yr old boy, it was nauseating
I see the rags have jumped on the bandwagon and invited Littler the Bigger to the swamp for the spurs game . They will do anything to try to stay relevant, hope they have a shirt big enough for him in the club shop and he doesn’t eat the chicken

I see the rags have jumped on the bandwagon and invited Littler the Bigger to the swamp for the spurs game . They will do anything to try to stay relevant, hope they have a shirt big enough for him in the club shop and he doesn’t eat the chicken
They don’t half love a runner up over trafford way don’t they ;)

Luke Shaw will give him his

Hope that the fat fucker has peaked already, the red twat. He'll eat so many kebabs he won't be able to waddle to the stage soon, fat ****

Not sure how I’d feel if I were Humphries. He has just won his first world title and is barely getting a mention. Credit to him for winning and beating the media juggernaut

But more people now know him too I suppose. The story of the fat rag kid has got more eyes on darts than anything in recent times. Most people don't care about Darts anyway, so it would barely get a mention if Humphries won it without Littler involved. It would just be an article in the sports sections for a day.

Whether that really helps him in the long run, I doubt it. I should imagine when the novelty wears off with the young lad, Darts will be back to its usual numbers.

Either way, even though the young lad is getting all the headlines, far more people know who Humphries is now too and if for some reason Darts has a surge in popularity over this, then Humphries would gain fans too in the long run because he's a very good player.

The darts has now finally got it’s self away from a so called pub game , there’s not many sports when you need both physical and mental ability in a split second, I followed the circuit years ago and got to a quite good level to play county youth league level. Unless you had a very good sponsor or a very good employer no matter how good you was you would struggle. Played many finals in the riverside at Denton back in the day
I’m only 54 but they were great days .
Cheshire had the best county league side bar none in the eighties. Log end on a Thursday county on a Sunday , pub team on a Monday.
John Gwynne for the record was an absolute gentleman one of the nicest blokes you ever could wish to meet .
Met John Gwyne a few times, he did the darts piece for the Reporter back in the day. I wasn’t good enough to play for the darts team but I was always there on a Monday at the Wellington Stalybridge or the away game. As you say the log end was the board used, it was kept in a bucket of water when not played on. John Gwynne played for a Denton team I think.

There were some great characters who went in the Welly, some still with us but many departed now, I’m going back to the mid 80’s to mid 90’s.

One lad who went in the Welly was the first I knew who went to Thailand for his holidays, he be a known as “Bangkok Bob”. One year he came home and was diagnosed with a dose of the clap. He then because known as “Bangkok Bob with the yellow knob”.

Another lad had a hair style just like Billy Whizz from the Beano so that’s what he became known as. Unfortunately “Billy” died from a heart attack whilst sat in his wagon, from then on he was known in the past tense as “Billy Was”

Many more characters you just don’t see the likes of anymore.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.