North Stand Expansion

Fair enough. I don’t agree though. An 8,000 all standing second tier will be an impressive sight and I think that alone will tempt people to move over. You would want to be a part of something special - a proper home end.

Some people do like standing near the away fans, but the majority of ss3 and ss1 don’t stand right next to them. Most people didn’t originally move into block 115, they instead moved into ss3 - all because of the pricing. Standing near away fans didn’t come into it for most.

I’d rather have a proper home end rather than a few blocks separated by away fans.Often it’s just those two small sections either side that are bothered by the away fans anyway.
A lot of people deserted the Kippax for the North Stand at Maine Road for that season before it was seated. Fans will flock to the new North stand especially because it will have huge eating and drinking areas behind it in the new City Square and the arena. It will be fantastic.

A lot of people deserted the Kippax for the North Stand at Maine Road for that season before it was seated. Fans will flock to the new North stand especially because it will have huge eating and drinking areas behind it in the new City Square and the arena. It will be fantastic.

Other parts of the ground will be deserted. :-( Bar service will be quicker. :-)

Other parts of the ground will be deserted. :-( Bar service will be quicker. :-)
Not sure about deserted but I hope it becomes easier in East Stand Upper where it is impossible to get a pint. The new stand will make the tram station even more congested. That said I can’t wait.

Not sure about deserted but I hope it becomes easier in East Stand Upper where it is impossible to get a pint. The new stand will make the tram station even more congested. That said I can’t wait.

It will be interesting to see how the club manages 12,000 fans leaving the North stand after the match in such a tight and congested area with the stand and fanzone basically backing on to the Metrolink tram station (queues) and Joe Mercer way.

IMG-0165.png[img]

It will be interesting to see how the club manages 12,000 fans leaving the North stand after the match in such a tight and congested area with the stand and fanzone basically backing on to the Metrolink tram station (queues) and Joe Mercer way.

IMG-0165.png[img]
They might need another bridge over the canal for starters. That area is also the start of the walking route back to town.

IMG-0165.png[img]
Is there a tunnel of some kind under the new city square?

IMG-0165.png[img]
Early leavers are the worst thing about our club, first of all it must damage our players, secondly those who stay miss seeing the game as they pile out, so selfish, third it gives our rivals a stick to beat us with!

I'm not sure why people keep saying the new north stand tier 2 will hold 8000, its considerably more than that, there are 7900 seats being added on top of the existing seating for NS2 so more like 11000.

Didn’t somebody at a supporters club meeting say somebody from the club said,’ a lot of confusion has been caused by people looking at the plans and making assumptions on those premium seats because of how the bar area appears on the plans’.Or am I mis remembering.
I think a lot of guessing is happening and none of us really know what the final decision on the make up of the NS will look like.
Its a kits/Joe's type hospitality lounge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.