North Stand Construction Discussion

The ticket office can barely cope as it is, not a chance they give them more stuff to do when it all goes wrong.
Most processes are automated. I made a human to human request before the Liverpool game and I'm still waiting. Be nice to get an acknowledgement to the follow up email I sent too.

With the budget City spent on systems and ticketing via a third party provider, they should be at the top of their game.

Completely agree, for me if we can get the 7000 NS 2 full of flags and singers we'll have done a good job, if we can do something similar with NS 1 we'll have done an exceptional job. Thinking we can then have enough to do similar with SS2 or even SS1 is for me a bit of a fantasy.
As you say though a good atmosphere at one end is contagious and ,here's another bugbear of mine, keep songs going.Many people, and to be fair I'm one,won't stand and join in on my own, so keep a song going and it will spread from the ends as people around stand up and join in. I've been there when a song will start in the South stand then as it's started to spread a bit the SS stop or move on , so it dies.Bit like the Poznan takes time to spread.
We need a rhythm drum

The specific singing section/s, not the whole of NSL2. Depending on the size of our blocks, think they are roughly 500 seats per block on average, could be well off with that figure, that would be 3 singing section blocks on NSL2.

United's singing section.

article-0-18-EF64-D000000578-632-634x422-2.jpg
Pathetic and small time.

Are you sure that’s not Salty City or the debtors of FC Moston ?

We need a rhythm drum
We need a rhythm drum
It doesn’t have to be 1000s & 1000s initially.

Several hundred in the central rear blocks will get it going and the rest will follow.

The Kippax started in 1965 with a few of us Dentonians, Mark Bittner, the Sivori mob, Tiny Davis, The Muirs etc.

It grew through that Promotion season until we quickly had hundreds who were very handy and could create a great atmosphere.

Blackpool, Leicester, Everton home and away in the FA cup .

Think big, this is about the long term future not the historical past.

The intention surely is to have the noisiest, atmospheric end in Europe. That should be be the single objective

2000 singers and others joining in won’t achieve that !!

The 1894 Blue Alliance need to be much more ambitious to achieve the end game on day one.

I get what you’re saying, but we realistically don’t have 10,000 people who will sing all game - that’s not the English culture either. If you look at some of the most atmospheric grounds, especially across Europe. They have a core group of singers who start the songs and others join in. Dortmund for example have a group in the front and middle section.

It’s not just about singing non stop. It’s about having a large standing section, a section that will allow and encourage other parts of the ground to join in.

Long term I agree - 7,000 fans all singing and creating noise would be amazing. In order for that to happen we’d need safe standing, cheaper tickets and younger adults to be able to buy tickets in groups more easily

Pathetic and small time.

Are you sure that’s not Salty City or the debtors of FC Moston ?

TBF, it’s done it’s job, regardless of it’s size. The atmosphere has improved at Old Toilet.

And TBH, I’d love it if we could get 1500 singers together in adjacent blocks.

Let’s see how many singers we can get together in the expanded North stand first before taking the piss out if United’s well organised and well run singing section.

Last edited:
Spin or the truth?

WHAT THEY SAID: “Manchester United were pleased to put Old Trafford forward as a potential host of Uefa Euro 2028 matches and proud of the strong case we made.

“However, during follow-up discussions with the FA, it became clear that we were unable to provide the necessary certainty around the availability of Old Trafford due to potential redevelopment of the stadium. As a result, we have mutually agreed to withdraw from the shortlist of potential hosts.

“We are committed to maintaining Old Trafford’s status as the largest and most iconic club football ground in England and look forward to future opportunities to host international matches and major events at ‘the Theatre of Dreams’.

“Everyone at Manchester United wishes the FA the best of luck with the bid to host the tournament in 2028.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.