Joey Barton

I think Joey’s right.

I also think that only strikers should be able to comment on strikers, only left-footed players should be able to comment on left-footed players, only bald pundits should be able to have an opinion on Pep, only Klopp should be able to comment on The Banana Splits etc etc

Why anyone gives a fuck whether someone commentating or commenting on the game is male or female, white or black, gay or straight, tall or short, bespectacled or not is just beyond me. Surely all that matters is whether they are saying anything interesting or insightful?

But, they're shit? Isn't that his fundamental gripe? Rory Smith has probably never kicked a ball straight, but was still BT Sports best panelist by a country mile. The belief that you need to have played at the highest level to have worthwhile opinions holds no weight.

Also just read Barton assualted his wife in the past, kicking her in the head and choking her. Any man that treats women like that commands zero respect from me, and forfeits their right to an opinion on women's involvement in our game, in any capacity.

Rory Smith is a snide **** & throws in a lot of bullshit whilst sounding like an expert.

It would take me all day to list his errors. However I’m not sure if they are deliberate lies.

I think someone should let Arrigo Sacchi know that you should play at the highest level before you understand mens football.

Didn't John Terry once say Robbie Savage shouldn't comment on him because he never played at a high a level as him? - Funny that considering the best manager he had didn't have a proper playing career.

That's the thing, you don't have to have competed at the highest standard to be very knowledgeable. In boxing, pretty much most the most decorated trainers of all time never had a pro career, or were low level journeymen.

Obviously punditry is difficult because they want recognisable faces on the telly, but it doesn't mean because they won dozens of trophies that they have the ability to break down or pass on knowledge. There's probably ex conference players that could do it better than some ex Premier league pundits, they just never had the athletic gifts to get to that level, so they don't have the name value to get a job on Sky.

Can't take someone seriously if he's allegedly beaten his wife, and it had been thrown out on the legal equivalent of VAR.
And with his track record, mothing he speaks deserves any traction. Look at the rapsheet by the French FA. The boy is a heaving pile of turdish misogyny. That's without thinking about his new love of the word meritocracy.

I’m sorry but only wife beaters should be allowed to comment on this …. ;-)

I think Joey’s right.

I also think that only strikers should be able to comment on strikers, only left-footed players should be able to comment on left-footed players, only bald pundits should be able to have an opinion on Pep, only Klopp should be able to comment on The Banana Splits etc etc

Why anyone gives a fuck whether someone commentating or commenting on the game is male or female, white or black, gay or straight, tall or short, bespectacled or not is just beyond me. Surely all that matters is whether they are saying anything interesting or insightful?
I'd the right answer.........

If he just stuck to female pundits as his basis for hate then I’d agree that there’s something wrong with him - the fact he’s gone full whacko over everything just proves he’s joined the gravy train where hate/division can increase his following/traffic and it’s all solely to make money.

more outraged people get the more he’s creaming it.
He'll bring George Soros into it by the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.