PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

All this talk of playing Rochdale or whoever is total bollocks. As has been stated the Premier League and League are two different entities. The premier could give us a 250 point deduction but that wouldn't carry over to lower leagues, we'd be in the Championship that's it.
Also if the pl actually had anything i doubt wed have gone for an IC if we had been bang to rights i think we would have tried to negotiate for a more lenient punishment, the fact we havent suggests we are very confident

All this talk of playing Rochdale or whoever is total bollocks. As has been stated the Premier League and League are two different entities. The premier could give us a 250 point deduction but that wouldn't carry over to lower leagues, we'd be in the Championship that's it.
The Championship for a season would be a right laugh tbf, especially if we were CL holders.

Expulsion and Parry not accepting the club in the EFL?

but to what end would such a ridiculous size points deduction be given, of course i understand a sizeable deduction to ensure relegation is understandable but to suggest that we would be given a points deduction large enough to relegate us several leagues is unlikely surely.

Also doesnt evertons case have different facets in that they were warned multiple times and continued, ours is different entirely as i understand but of course your knowledge far outweighs mine.
It's all theoretical, as there are few, if any known precedents. But a good way to punish us with relegation would to be give a 100 points deduction. If the breaches were so severe that 100 points was deemed insufficient, they could apply a much larger points deduction.

Any number of scenarios might play out after that. The EFL might refuse to accept us. The EFL might accept us in their lowest tier. We might argue that the points deduction puts us at the bottom of the PL, therefore we should be relegated to the Championship. We might join Real and Barcelona and start a Superleague. Nobody knows, and it's all just speculation at this point.

It's all theoretical, as there are few, if any known precedents. But a good way to punish us with relegation would to be give a 100 points deduction. If the breaches were so severe that 100 points was deemed insufficient, they could apply a much larger points deduction.

Any number of scenarios might play out after that. The EFL might refuse to accept us. The EFL might accept us in their lowest tier. We might argue that the points deduction puts us at the bottom of the PL, therefore we should be relegated to the Championship. We might join Real and Barcelona and start a Superleague. Nobody knows, and it's all just speculation at this point.
if its a points deduction thats what it is, points only last for one season, it could be fifty or a it could be a million it would make zero difference as points only apply to a single season, we aint the dippers or the rags where we think historical things count for the next 20 seasons, if we finished on minus 10000 points we would start on 0 the next season same as everyone else, expulsion from the league would be a whole different kettle of fish but i would love to see them try and make that stick from a legal standpoint.

There is definitely that point that these people would have to be particularly stupid to be discussing financial fraud on emails. Then there is the point that they would have to be even more stupid to leave proof of it lying around the company here in the UK. Assuming these people aren't stupid (and they arent) then, ipso facto, the PL won't have access to any evidence of the alleged fraud, even if it was carried out, which is amazingly unlikely. And on top of all that, the premise that Etihad and Etisalat would only sign fair value sponsorship agreements if a private individual contributed what, to them, constitutes peanuts, in two regulated industries, is just so amazingly ridiculous as to be unbelievable. I can't believe for a minute the PL think they have a chance of success.
The media has created a feeding frenzy and scared a lot of blues.

The case is and always has been a crock of shit which is why CAS threw it out and stated multiple times no disguised owner investment.

Also, why did we take the pinch and post huge losses if we have been loading sponsorships?

Exactly and this is the thing that I have been stressing to some Rags that I know, The PL have no power to relegate us to any specific league. The only other option that they have would be to expel us completely from the PL in which case we would then have to appeal to the EFL for membership and it would be them who decide where we would enter the structure.

However the key thing for me is this, how much damage would be done to us as a club if we were expelled and the EPL said we needed to start again in Division 2? It would be huge, the money lost alone by the time we returned to the Premier league would run over a Billion pounds.

Now imagine that we then appeal the decision and win, or better still go to court and prove FFP to be illegal under EU laws and then go after the PL for last revenue and damages. We would quite possibly bankrupt them. Therefore I see the worst that happens is a huge points deduction to relegate us.

I do wonder if they would try to do something radical like a total 300 point reduction but broken down into 60 point deductions for every year we are in the PL. This would guarantee that every time we gained promotion we would get relegated again the following season. No top level player would want to come to us knowing this and as such would basically ruin us for the next 20 years plus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.