Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us.

Something niggling in the back of my mind and I hope I'm wrong. What if this Berrada bloke has gone full on rogue? Promised a top job at the rags and immunity in return for giving evidence against us at our hearing? I wouldn't put nothing past the wankers in their quest to stop us.
I’d say this was about as likely as United finishing above us in May.

Something niggling in the back of my mind and I hope I'm wrong. What if this Berrada bloke has gone full on rogue? Promised a top job at the rags and immunity in return for giving evidence against us at our hearing? I wouldn't put nothing past the wankers in their quest to stop us.
This is quite the reach. It's just a man going to a higher ranked job at a different company. As simple as that

I wouldn’t worry mate, the “charges” they’re trying to pin on us revolve around legal matters and as Stefan said on radio if found guilty the ramifications would be far greater than just football.

The Directors could be prosecuted, I don’t think the Rags influence stretches to giving immunity for “criminals”.

It should give you comfort to know the Rags wouldn’t dare appoint someone like him if there was a chance he could be personally prosecuted, they’ve appointed him because they know the charges against City are trumped up to fuck.

If, and it's a big IF we are found guilty then he will find himself at the high court, along with others, on charges of fraudulent accounting..Ratcliffe might be a scruffy cnut but he's not daft and i imagine his first question to Omar was" guilty or not guilty". If he said guilty Ratclife would have backed off as after all having your CEO in the dock at literally day one doesn't look good. He is on gardening leave for at least 6 months in which time we will have moved on and United will have further regressed

An article from Read but never Red.

The news that Omar Berrada, City Football Group's chief football operations officer, has resigned to take the position as Manchester United’s CEO, seems to have many people jumping to conclusions - and the wrong ones at that!
Berrada has developed a huge reputation at CFG, initially as Manchester City's commercial director i.e. the man who arranged so many of the deals, presently under scrutiny by the so-called ‘Independent Tribunal’.
He then became chief operating officer before moving into the chief football operations officer role.
A City statement read: "Manchester City Football Club can confirm that Omar Berrada has resigned from his role as chief football operations officer at City Football Group.
"The club understands his decision to look for a new challenge and he leaves with our thanks and best wishes."
It is understood he will be on ‘gardening leave’ until the summer when he will take up his duties at Old Trafford.
Speculation on social media would have you believe Berrada is jumping from a sinking ship, as judgment draws closer on the 115 Premier League charges City is facing.
But take a breath and step back.
Berrada has been a vital and prominent cog in City’s ‘money-making machinery’ since 2011.
United will have done their due diligence before making such a critical and pivotal appointment - would they have chosen Berrarda if they thought he was a crook?
If they truly believe City are going to be found guilty, don’t they realise their new CEO would be damaged goods and liable to - at the very least - severe and far-reaching football sanctions?
There seems to be a growing body of opinion - at least among those with a modicum of intelligence - that the Premier League ‘prosecution’ will fail.
The only charge of which City might be found guilty is that of non-cooperation with the Premier League investigation.
It would beg the question, why would any business or organisation fall over themselves to help those seeking to prosecute them?
It’s common practice in legal actions that the defendant does all they can to safeguard themselves - especially when they believe it to be a malicious prosecution.
If you know somebody is gunning for you, it doesn’t make sense to hand the aggressor a loaded magazine to shoot you down.
In appointing Berrarda - United, who are one of the PL’s cartel of clubs desperate to damage and defame City - have indicated they know the PL prosecution is doomed to fail.
City are undoubtedly losing a very talented and accomplished operator in Berrarda, but the appointment can only add to the club’s confidence and conviction that they have done no wrong.
I said this yesterday when the thread appeared on here. And I'm claiming it with every fibre in my body. This red nobhead stealing my thunder, get to fuck. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.