Mary D's

We have so many sophisticated members on Bluemoon; wouldn't be seen dead in Mary D's or Wetherspoons or McDonalds.

I'm amazed they can lower themselves to attend a game of soccer where they might overhear some bad language or an offensive chant or even catch something off one of the locals.

(Obviously when I wrote 'sophisticated' I meant 'complete fucking snobs with their heads so far up their own arses that they should do us all a favour and stay at home'.)
Born in Gorton, nothing wrong with Spoons, have used Mc Donald's when no other choice. Same applies to Mary Ds, better pubs on route. I would have to be desperate to go in Mary Ds.

It’s rare that old style pubs re-open so it’ll be interesting to see what they do.

I don’t think I’ll use Mary D’s again but The Grove near Clayton Hall tram stop is fine. It’s a Holts’ pub. Management has changed a few times but it was busy before the Huddersfield cup match.
Decent boozer but stopped going to The Grove a couple of years back after they fraudulently took 2 x £30 card transactions twice in two weeks. A couple of other mates had it happen to them as well. I hear there's new management now, so going to give it another go after the Everton game.

We have so many sophisticated members on Bluemoon; wouldn't be seen dead in Mary D's or Wetherspoons or McDonalds.

I'm amazed they can lower themselves to attend a game of soccer where they might overhear some bad language or an offensive chant or even catch something off one of the locals.

(Obviously when I wrote 'sophisticated' I meant 'complete fucking snobs with their heads so far up their own arses that they should do us all a favour and stay at home'.)
Your use of the word soccer makes my ability to read the post difficult.

Mary D's is rough, ready and alright. Bit samey samey since we've moved to the City of Manchester Stadium/Etihad. It is what it is, and there isn't much choice.

I'd rather do Mary D's than hospitality. Feels my level of luxury.

Mary D's is rough, ready and alright. Bit samey samey since we've moved to the City of Manchester Stadium/Etihad. It is what it is, and there isn't much choice.

I deliberately used the word 'soccer' (which I'd never use in real life), as I felt it was something the toffs I was attacking might say.

Was that the biggish lad with a beard who you mean? Dark haired lad
Not sure he had a beard. He had longesh dark hair and was around 55ish, I guess quiet biggish too. He lived Mossley/Carbrook area as I'd had a chat with him on the tram back once. I asked the woman who sells on the stall last season as I'd not seen him about to which she said Cancer had seen him off. Poor sod.

Not sure he had a beard. He had longesh dark hair and was around 55ish, I guess quiet biggish too. He lived Mossley/Carbrook area as I'd had a chat with him on the tram back once. I asked the woman who sells on the stall last season as I'd not seen him about to which she said Cancer had seen him off. Poor sod.

I’m trying to picture him again in my mind, I’m pretty sure it’ll be same lad we on about seen him every home game with his board and if memory serves me right even at Maine Rd and around that age would be right, as you say poor guy, sad that

Decent boozer but stopped going to The Grove a couple of years back after they fraudulently took 2 x £30 card transactions twice in two weeks. A couple of other mates had it happen to them as well. I hear there's new management now, so going to give it another go after the Everton game.
If it’s a dodgy establishment just get some readies out of dial a dab.
stay safe!

Out of interest soccer is an English word, something derived from Association football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.