Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Blue82

Is it me or are the queues at the M1 turnstiles (for South Stand top tier) getting worse?

It’s always been bad here as the huge number of fans on the top tier have to be funnelled through a handful of turnstiles but it seems to have got even worse recently. Partly I think this is down to over officious stewarding - the showsec goons now seem to want to pat everyone down and I’ve been asked to show if I’ve got anything under my hat, anything hidden under my coat etc. It’s ridiculous and is becoming like going through airport security. Even when the games already kicked off and there’s still a huge number of fans waiting there seems to be no urgency.

Now of course, you could say why not get at the ground earlier? We’ll apart from the fact that with kids in tow, finishing work etc - that’s not always possible. But equally, there’s very little incentive to get there earlier. The concourse and facilities can’t cope with the number of fans and it can take 30+ minutes to get a brew or a pint even when you get there in good time.

So what’s the answer? I don’t know. But surely more turnstiles, more staff and more pragmatic security would be a good start.

Is it me or are the queues at the M1 turnstiles (for South Stand top tier) getting worse?

It’s always been bad here as the huge number of fans on the top tier have to be funnelled through a handful of turnstiles but it seems to have got even worse recently. Partly I think this is down to over officious stewarding - the showsec goons now seem to want to pat everyone down and I’ve been asked to show if I’ve got anything under my hat, anything hidden under my coat etc. It’s ridiculous and is becoming like going through airport security. Even when the games already kicked off and there’s still a huge number of fans waiting there seems to be no urgency.

Now of course, you could say why not get at the ground earlier? We’ll apart from the fact that with kids in tow, finishing work etc - that’s not always possible. But equally, there’s very little incentive to get there earlier. The concourse and facilities can’t cope with the number of fans and it can take 30+ minutes to get a brew or a pint even when you get there in good time.

So what’s the answer? I don’t know. But surely more turnstiles, more staff and more pragmatic security would be a good start.

The answer is for Danny Wilson or whoever is in charge of stewarding at City to sit down with Showsec and to discuss and to review to what extent these physical and personal searches need to happen. Because when stewards are physically patting you down and touching you, that shouldn’t happen or be allowed by City. If a steward wants to wand you, fair enough.

I refused to allow a steward to pat me down. He asked me to open my jacket. (in Winter) I asked him why I should do that. So I can pat you down. I’m not letting you do that. You aren’t touching me. He looked at me. Said nothing. And just wanded me.

I would urge anyone to refuse to be patted down by a steward. If a Showsec or City steward insists on patting you down ask to speak to a steward supervisor. There are 10,000’s of City fans who do not get patted down every home match, so why should any City fan be singled out for no reason to be patted down? They shouldn’t.

Wherever there is some sort of security, some will always think its overzealous.

As a whole I think our team are okay, usually have a laugh and joke with them on the way in.

I would always prefer a high level of security over ease of access for a large capacity sporting / entertainment event prime for a potentially terrorist attack.

I think you’ll find any terrorist attack would happen outside the stadium with the amount of people stood in the queues waiting to go into the stadium. Terroists mainly strike outdoors where there are a large gathering of people. A terrorist will know they are going to be searched at the entrance to the turnstile, so they will detonate an explosive whilst in the queue, long before they get to the point where they will be searched.

The turnstile entrances and exits are not fit for purpose at M1. How they ever passed a safety check is beyond me. There simply isn’t enough turnstiles to cope with the amount of fans in the 45 mins leading up to kick off. As regards exits from the 3rd tier concourse to the stairs, if there were ever a fire it would be a disaster.
Sort it out City!

Quick bag check is fine, anything in your pockets question etc and I’ve no issue in a wand being put over but being patted down?

Fuck that. Its some fucking student on minimum wage with a yellow coat on who doesn’t have a clue so certain they are not going to be putting their hands on me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.