47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Having a brilliant season.

If he stays fit he gets over 20 goals in all competitions.

He's now one of the first names on the team sheet. Credit to him for his hard work and patience to become world class at 23 years old.

Having a brilliant season.

If he stays fit he gets over 20 goals in all competitions.

He's now one of the first names on the team sheet. Credit to him for his hard work and patience to become world class at 23 years old.
Yet the English media puts all its attention on Jude Bellingham (one German Cup) instead of Phil (5 PL, 2 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, and one CL). I realise Bellingham is three years younger but Phil's stats are vastly superior to Bellingham, especially at the elite level. I also realise that Bellingham still has a lot of potential but he is not, and has never been, better than Foden.

Phil Foden (23y 261d) made his 50th appearance in the Champions League against FC Copenhagen this evening, becoming the 25th, and youngest, Englishman to reach that milestone. Indeed, his assist for De Bruyne's opener was his 50th in all competitions for Manchester City

One thing I noticed about Foden last night is how strong he is; deceptively so.

I remember when he first burst onto the scene he wasn't quite so robust, but now he is solid and difficult to dispossess. A real asset to the team and can play anywhere across the middle or drifting between the lines.

One thing I noticed about Foden last night is how strong he is; deceptively so.

I remember when he first burst onto the scene he wasn't quite so robust, but now he is solid and difficult to dispossess. A real asset to the team and can play anywhere across the middle or drifting between the lines.
Ha. That Copenhagen player who tried to tackle him early in the match went almost entirely airborne.

He's very good, isn't he?

It's fucking crazy that former youth players like Palmer, Diaz and Frimpong are now regular starters for world-famous clubs and yet none are good enough for regular starts here. Foden is here because he's an unbelievable talent.

I think Frimpong is good enough to start here. God, I hope we bring him back.

Nah, said it a while ago, a lot of blues have blue tinted glasses on when judging Phil.

As you say, he doesn't take control of a game,

He doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck and get City out of a hole.

Maybe once in 10-15 games and on days like today he needs to step up and be the match winner and he doesn’t on too many occasions. Just 6/10s his way through it.

Very inconsistent to be ever considered as a top player

His touch is good, but when you play in a midfield as congested as yesterday’s, then it has to be better than good, and that is an aspect he needs to work on.

He aint KDB like Phillips is no Rodri.

Not good enough. James Maddison is showing how it should be done in that role, foden is hiding far too much.

He has ability, but people often confused being good on the eye and comfortable on the ball with being a top player. He has his moments now and again but that's it.

He's not some generational English talent we've heard he is, if he was, he would be putting in better performances regularly.

It's like the old Jack Wilshire thing

I worry that his ability starts and ends at a few decent dribbles. A player in his position needs end product and not just being easy on the eye

Lazy and passive..

How are you guys feeling a couple of months on?

How are you guys feeling a couple of months on?
Pleasantly surprised, he's certainly proven me wrong, overall he's been our best player this season.

If he maintains this level until the end of the season I can only see it resulting in another league and champions league.

Fair play to him, a switch has well and truly gone on in regards to his consistency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.