Kalvin Phillips interview in the Sunday papers

You are completely right that to perform at the very top you have to ensure your weight is at its optimum level, however there are plenty of athletes who have struggled with weight-control behaviour. Mostly psychological but if people don't believe that's possible (or have no sympathy for it) then there's not much else I can say.

I'm also not sure Ronaldo is a good example, yes great at looking after his body but he's a weird fella.

Ronaldo is weird but that’s irrelevant.

He’s older than Wayne Rooney.

Two opposite examples of athletes who had different ideas about what caring for your body means.

Nice lad and good player. Hung out to dry by Pep, but clearly couldn't operate as the player Pep hoped.

Anyone slagging him, the lad has achieved more in his short career than any of you will in a lifetime. Hope he goes on and has a successful club and country career elsewhere. He didn't down tools or show bad attitude, it just didn't work out.
No offence intended but IMO this wanders from decent points being made to total bollocks mate.
Hung out to dry by Pep ??
And “Achieved” more in his short career with us …maybe …. but did he really earn many, if any, of the winners medals ??
I do agree with his decent attitude and wishing him all the best at the Happy Hammers though.
However, I’m not sure that him & Miserable f’ker Moyes are exactly a match made in heaven ..

No offence intended but IMO this wanders from decent points being made to total bollocks mate.
Hung out to dry by Pep ??
And “Achieved” more in his short career with us …maybe …. but did he really earn many, if any, of the winners medals ??
I do agree with his decent attitude and wishing him all the best at the Happy Hammers though.
However, I’m not sure that him & Miserable f’ker Moyes are exactly a match made in heaven ..
Cant talk about whether he earned his medals or maybe that was just me , he himself says they werent his to take

Yellow card for arguing in the 68th minute and then a 2nd yellow for a foul 3 minutes later. When it rains it pours

It’s just not working out for the lad. Pride has taken a hit and now he is looking lost playing for West Ham. Hopefully for his sake he can try to get a run going and a good pre season otherwise we might struggle to shift him. He needs to get his head down and stop looking for people to blame. Can see a return to Leeds in the championship.

Why did he do it?
Obviously he wants to be booed.
Actually if he plays as well as he did against Arsenal he won't be in the West Ham team long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.