Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Disappointing result but given how bad we were in the first half and the fact that Ederson had to make two excellent saves, I'll take the point. Who knows, it could turn out to be a point that ultimately wins us the league.

Pep said in his press conference yesterday that a decision still hadn't been made on Bernardo's fitness. So why people are surprised he didn't start and only came on for the last half hour, I don't know.

Ditto Kovacic. If he's fit, he plays.

In fairness, most teams roll over and this team didn't.

The only way to counter it is it be more proficient in front of goal and we were rubbish.

This is deranged to be honest. We didn’t win mainly because of Pep’s team selection completely ruining the first half for us and also due to Haaland playing dog shit.
SO SHOULD CACIEDO OF GOT SENT OFF ? Should we of had a penalty or TWO before half time? Were you watching a different game Trev? Yes we were dog shit for parts, but them refereeing decisions have cost us. I'm out of here for tonight in case I say something I regret. Peace out Tricky.

Absolute stinker finishing overall that cost us. even worse when you look at liverpool, Arsenal scoring 4-5 per game these days from half of the shots we struggle to score 2-3.

we should have beaten this mediocre Chelsea side away as well and at home. 4 points thrown into the bin, may be the difference between winning the title and giving it away.

Doku on his arse fitness wise 2nd half, starting with Alvarez meant we cannot bring in attacking sub when we really needed it and he was very poor in the deeper role anyway.

Foden needs to be played much more centrally and closer to goal as he is in best for out of forward players.

have to mention the ref , absolute paid off by pgmol to slow us down, ref it against us, Caicedo should have seen a red today already in first half, was allowed to hack at City players all game. all VAR checks went against us 3 times.

and to have Carragher straightaway spout shit always against a City decision how shameful from Sky.

i will continue to watch half illegal streams and pay not a penny to sky you fucking disgrace of a broadcast nazi shites.

we may not win the title this season, I am absolutely furious at our transfer window after a treble win. this is only tiny bit better than the Nastasic, Sinclair etc window after the 2012 title win. there we had an excuse of a tighter ffp limit, we didnt have that this time so that factor makes it worse now.
Kovacic, Nunes aint trusted much for big games, despite replacing a top class Gundo. Doku talented but very raw, no fitness, and not much end product lately. Mahrez scored so many goals for us, some crucial ones too. Gundo as well. who is replacing all those???

while Gvardiol also huge talent, but probably not at LB where Pep using him.

none of these players really scare our opponents. certainly not as much as Gundo or Mahrez or Cancelo previously.

we cannot drop any more points at home this season, and we have some much better teams to visit us than Chelsea still.
I miss Mahrez, probably would have had a stormin season.

Our recruitment was strange last summer but we should give the newbies at least a season. That being said, we really should've gone all out on Bellingham
He could be the difference for them this season. His addition has improved them immensely.

We picked the wrong team - that much is pretty obvious- but we also lacked quality when it mattered most.

Easy to highlight Haaland’s misses, but apart from one cross I thought De Bruyne was disappointing tonight and Foden also had a very marginal influence, the last 20 minutes apart. He didn’t fancy running at Chilwell at all, which I find surprising given the form he has been in.

Bernado not being fully fit was a big negative but we really missed someone knitting the play together - we haven’t got that Gundogan or David Silva type of player at the moment and it really showed tonight.

We’ve struggled to get the right tempo at home this season and only getting three points versus the dippers, Spurs and Chelsea at home isn’t championship winning form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.