Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Questioned the lineup beforehand, Felt we were too top heavy and sadly it proved to be the case. Pep got this one wrong. Complete disconnect between the 5 man defense and 5 man attack and no link between the two. Our front press was bypassed by them the exact same way everytime, a little inside ball from the cb to whoever dropped into the 8 position, play first time out wide and they're through and that's 5 players out the game. Way too simple.

Pep took way too long to change it, it should have been done at halftime. Soon as he brought Bernardo on we looked much, much better but by then we're chasing the game and there's not long left.

I've commented in the past on dipper and arsenal games and their knack for scoring late goals. When it comes to it, they play the percentages, bombard the box and fairly often it will get results. We don't do that. We continue with the same gameplan that's seen very little success for the 90 minutes prior, we wasted far too much time after the equaliser just going side to side only to then do the thing we could have done 30 seconds earlier anyway. That or were having braindead Kyle walker shooting from 30 yards.

Who knows if it will prove crucial in the end but right now, the point doesn't really do much for us over a defeat, any dropped points now means we simply have to win at anfield, something we really struggle to do. The only thing we can really take from that is hopefully the momentum we had built up hasn't vanished as it would with a defeat, we get a quick chance to put it behind us midweek and we now cannot drop any points.

Very disappointing result, that has to be our last if we want to keep our title.
I fear the dippers, arse and rags will tear us to pieces on the break if we persist with this formation. We need to be more conservative by playing Kova and Stones hybrid

Some will say Chelsea defended well and they did Disasi was even managed of the match but that shouldn't have been nowhere near enough to get Chelsea any points, our finishing was absolutely awful worst though was our creative ideas they were none existent in the first half. When we upped it our creative endeavours just weren't on point all game and far too predictable this game was crying out for Grealish I thought to enable runners from deep, even with that all said about our final ball on another day where we're a bit more clinical we honestly could've still hammered them.

Idiots are actually saying Chelsea have shown teams a blueprint on how to get something from us today but that's complete and utter bollocks, the reality is we've just shown how easily we can beat ourselves if we aren't on point rather than them doing anything special.

If only we'd been more ruthless in the final 3rd then we honestly could've hammered them looking at the shot totals tells you everything, we had only 3 shots on target from our first 25 shots and ended up with only 5 from 32 total which was dreadful, Pep won't say anything publicly of course but he'll be livid at the fact we've not won that game today and in dropping those points today we did it to ourselves.

They were much much better than us in that first half. I was praying we’d go in at half time at 0-0 as it was obvious pep would sort it out

Which is exactly what he did.. so if we hadn’t conceded that late first half goal we’d have definitely gone on to win that game

In the end a draw was a fair result and it still leaves us with the title in our own hands. We move on

I thought Chelsea were really strong in this game. They are improving now and I predict they will beat the bin dippers in the final next week.
I agree with everything you said…

But we all know they will turn to dogshit next week, get 3 yellows in the first 20 minutes, concede a goal against the run of play, have a player sent off and a penalty awarded against them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.